Have the 2004 Rk Classic--I have seen every thing

The most logical and cost effective mod--On paper looks like the 95 ci mod

Any body with this mod??

Others

103--110???

·
Steve
262 Posts
My 02 RK is bone stock however a gal that works for me also has an 02 RK classic with the 95 inch kit. Her bike now has 40,000+ miles with no problems. I rode her bike once to compare the power difference to my stock bike and there was a difference but not enough in my mind to spend the money for a 95 inch kit. I was going to spend the money I would go for the larger kit and get more bang for the buck.

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
95"
Heads massaged/ported/polished by Carl @ Lake Shore Harley
Oversized exhaust valves
Cams
True dual exhaust
Adjustable pushrods
stage II download
some other stuff I can't remember.

There's a definite difference, especially midrange. Now I need to upgrade brakes/suspension!

·
Registered
78 Posts
The old troublehead has Andrews "B" grind cam, solids, higher efficiency oil pump, Wiseco forged pistons, Manly stainless valves,fancy ass spring kit, titanium keepers, all very not bad stuff. Used to be a fast old thing, but feelin' its age of late, but i'll get it turned around .

·
Super Moderator
12,533 Posts
Bored 0.010 over
Screamin' Eagle Heads
S&S Hi Pressure/Hi Volume Oil pump
Andrews Cam
Adjustable pushrods
Jim's rebuild kit in the Tranny
Did all the work (except machining) myself.
...I'm happy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
parts for the 95 seem very reasonable

I think $600 or so in the harley catalog

but opinions as to whether or not it is worth it vary

On the posted dyno sheet though the 95 seems to be very close to the 103

the 110 seems to be quite a bit more powerful

But I hear the 103 and 110 are gas eaters

·
Registered
2 Posts
103 vs 110

I bought my friends 03 RKSE, 103Ci with thundermax ignition and Rh pipes. He bought the 07 RKSE with the 110 Ci motor. He did the same additions as his old 03, thndermax igngition and RH pipes. He pulled one more HP and 3 more lb-ft torque on the same dyno as before. Has 3000 miles so almost broken in. I am 75 lbs lighter..he hates to see me pass him! Then I added HD HTTC heads, high compresion pistons and 251 cams and Delphi throttle body. Now run 8 more horse and 6 more lb-ft of torque than he does (107/114) Gets 32 mpg city and 45 highway

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thumbs up 103 vs 110

Interesting info--I would like to know if anyone has done the 88 to 103 upgrade????

·
Registered
55 Posts
Stock 96 in Twin Cam running the PC III, K&N and SE Slip-ons. Dyno tuned with each cylinder tuned separately.

·
Registered
411 Posts
V-Rod has Wiseco 80" kit, Megacycle cams, topless, bottomless, D&D 2-1, PCIIIusb - talk about gas eater!!! But since we are having an aircooled discussion here are some of the thing I know of and have done.

My 97 Springer, Branch Heads and pistons, SE 4 Cam, Fully programmable SE Ignition Module and coil + cables, HD SE 2-1 pipe with Race baffle, Mikuni 42 with modified SE AC, 29/65 Pulleys, RevTech 6 tranny. Bike has 40K + on it and still pulls 222 (kph) burns about a quart every 100mi!!! Needs an overhaul, but runs like a train still. When I built that bike, there was not a TC that could touch it anywhere, at the bottom, roll ons in the middle, and straight out top end. Maybe I brave, maybe I dumb!!! Even 95" kits with a selection of 203, 204, 211 cams were no contest.
Then came the heads, the 103's and more cams...well, now they gave me a go for sure - So I needed a TC motor now!!!
Have not ridden it yet, its still in project stage, but the 10.25, 95" pistons, S&S 425/465 Gear drive cams, the lightest, funkiest blue anodised pushrods I have ever seen (dunno if they any good, but still!!!) Mikuni 45 and SE AC, and the same HD 2-1 pipe with Race Baffle all lit up by SE box and coil - driven by another RevTech 6...cant wait, but I think it will give some stick to the bigger boys - I was just unable to justify that expense at this stage, for what felt like not a whole lot more everywhere, but a big old boot up the rear when it does hit!!!

Once I have it all set-up, I will have my own "Dyno Day" and relate what the ass feels like compared to the numbers!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
engine mods

On my 1985 FXEF SUPER GLIDE I had some head work done , A 5 angle grind on the valves , heavy duty springs , HSR 42mm carb , 10 to 1's Wiscos , python exhaust , EV 27 Cam , Crane High 4 Ign. , A starter with enough umph to turn it over. It's a 4 speed chain drive Evo. Got it in 1990 and its never let me down. Pissed me off a few times but never let me down. Runs so good it kills my old back, I can only ride it for about 40 or 50 miles and I got to git off it. But for that 40 or 50 miles It's one sweet ride. So now I have to rough it on my 07 FLHTCU . I will have it running cooler and richer before Sturgis. Don,t care about fast with this one, just want to let it breath a little better and run cooler. Seems a shame ya have to spend about 3 grand to get your brand new H-D to run right . Cant change brands, it would hurt too much to get rid of all those Harley tattoos Oh well Harley for life RamRod Hou. Tx.

·
Registered
37,005 Posts
Is the 103 a big improvement over the 88??
Do you recommend it???
Well, considering stock #s in the neighborhood of 60hp and 70ftlb, that gives my bike ~79% more hp and 62% more torque over the stock motor... so yes, I'd say its a big improvement.

If I was to do it over again today, I would consider the 113" kit. When I had my motor built, that kit was not available. I used all HD SE parts in the build, and if something ever happens that I need to go into the motor to fix it, I will start using aftermarket parts. Not that there is anything wrong with the HD SE parts I used, but there is better in the aftermarket world. One thing I like about my build, is that it is a stock looking motor (except for the Thunderheader) unless you have a very experienced eye... bonus points for the sleeper effect (even still has the stock "88' Twin Cam" trim ring on the AC).... :bat

Had a guy (brother inlaw of a friend) on a Honduh RUiNEd talk smack about Harleys saying his bike was better blah blah blah. Mind you, the RUiNEd are over 200 lbs heavier than my bike, with less HP and less torque. So I asked him if he wanted to run against my Harley. He said sure, so I asked him "For titles"? He said ok. He then asked me if my bike was "All staged out". Whatever the **** that means, so I said "Yeah, I guess you could say that", while looking at him like he was an idiot. We will see if he still feels like racing next time Im in his neighborhood. :rofl:

So, in retrospect, it all depends on what you are looking for and if you feel like keeping all the parts with HD stampings or not.

I am currently debating weather or not I should get a Nightster and do a Nallin Racing 88" 120HP motor for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 02 EG classic with 56,000 miles. Never a problem. Upgrades are HTCC heads, 211 cams, hotter ignition, 95 inch, K&N air filter, Hooker true duals, 50 mm carb. Pretty quick for a dresser and very dependable.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts