Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're curious, what exhaust do you run???

While you're answering check out a couple of the latest Sport Bike & Cruiser Akrapovic Exhaust we have to offer!

Akrapovic Slip-On Exhaust - Carbon Fiber

Price: $509.99 - $1649.99

Product Description:

-Akrapovic exhausts are the most sought after exhaust systems for their unmatched quality, amazing sound, beautiful style, and unrivaled performance.

-Akrapovic hex slip on has a carbon fiber outer sleeve with a carbon fiber end cap for maximum weight savings and style.

-With a perforated inner sleeve, inlet and outlet cap made of titanium, the Akrapovic hex carbon fiber slip on is constructed for maximum weight savings.

-Akrapovic includes a lightweight, compact and high-temperature resistant carbon fiber muffler cap with the hex slip on exhaust.

-Akrapovic hex carbon fiber slip on exhausts include a carbon fiber heat shield when necessary.

Akrapovic Open Line 2-Into-2 Exhaust - Black

Price: $709.99

Product Description:

The Open Line is for those who like it loud and proud, transforming the look and sound of your machine. Uniquely on the Open, unlike the competitors who use a baffle, Akrapovic Open systems use a real silencer. This enhances both performance and sound characteristics. Akrapovic's Open systems offer an optional insert enabling you to adjust the noise level yourself.

Akrapovic Open Systems include header, silencer and heat shield.

-Unique design with different surface finish for some models.

-Systems with real silencers.

-Optimized exhaust gas flow for optimal performance.

-Deeper sound, the loudest Akrapovic system.

-Optional Noise Reduction insert (sold separately).

-Heat shield for headers.

Detailed Specifications:

-Type: 2-into-1

-Finish: Black

-Weight: 13.2 pounds (6 kg).

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Jackpot stainless header and Jackpot slipons.
Quiet enough to hear stereo at highway speeds but loud when I get on it.:drool

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Stock headpipe sans cat; Python mufflers.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Why would you bother to ask this question on a Harley Forum when

the company in question (Akrapovic) doesn't even produce exaust systems for

Harley Davidsons..? Just wondering ...

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
Why would you bother to ask this question on a Harley Forum when

the company in question (Akrapovic) doesn't even produce exaust systems for

Harley Davidsons..? Just wondering ...
Because they are a supporting vendor.

Hopefully the question is to gain information to help them decide which manufacturers of Harley exhaust to carry. Hopefully!

The promotion of the Akrapovic exhaust is to justify their position as a supporting member and to maybe reach a member here that also owns a sportbike or metric cruiser as well as a Harley.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Because they are a supporting vendor.

Hopefully the question is to gain information to help them decide which manufacturers of Harley exhaust to carry. Hopefully!

The promotion of the Akrapovic exhaust is to justify their position as a supporting member and to maybe reach a member here that also owns a sportbike or metric cruiser as well as a Harley.
I get all that. Sponsors are appreciated and needed to run these forums.(No brainer)

Over the years here, I've noticed that "some" of our much appreciated sponsors seem to advertise what-ever, where-ever and alot of the time the products advertised here are for Metric riders/bikes.

If it was just a "poll" to gather intell regarding "aftermarket" exaust purchases or useage, why advertise an exaust co. that doesn't even produce or sell Harley exaust?

They DO have the choice of 32 other forums that Motorcycle.com owns to flog Metric stuff.

Feel me ? Not b*tching, just stating an observation.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
I get all that. Sponsors are appreciated and needed to run these forums.(No brainer)

Over the years here, I've noticed that "some" of our much appreciated sponsors seem to advertise what-ever, where-ever and alot of the time the products advertised here are for Metric riders/bikes.

If it was just a "poll" to gather intell regarding "aftermarket" exaust purchases or useage, why advertise an exaust co. that doesn't even produce or sell Harley exaust?

They DO have the choice of 32 other forums that Motorcycle.com owns to flog Metric stuff.

Feel me ? Not b*tching, just stating an observation.
I total feel ya. I even agree with you. Look at it as a good thread for us to brag about our sweet exhausts without someone starting another exhaust thread. Lol.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
564 Posts
Actually they do make them for HD. Think icy? Has them on his sporty. They make them for every model I think even the touring bikes. I also think they make a valve type device that you can adjust the sound so if you live in a quiet neighborhood you won't get in trouble. As for my bike V&H dresser duals and V&H monster ovals.
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
I have the Ackros on my BMW HP2 and also on my R1200GSA.
(quiet baffles) They are the supplier for BMW accessory cans.
Good stuff!

On the HD, I have a V&H Pro Pipe and on the Sporty a Bassani.

:neener

·
Registered
19 Posts
Vance & Hines full high output dual exhaust.

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Samson Longtail Fishtail Windcuttin', Juke-Jivin', Sausage-Swellin', Slickychops-Stylin' True Duals.

Hope that helps.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
I wish I would have gotten the Slickychops on my Rineharts.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Negative. The tips on your mufflers go awesome with the rims on your signals. Don't go changing that stuff.

I still haven't seen your skull live.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts