Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas , what Fuel Management system for my 2006 Rg 88..purchased the bike used . Later down the road found out it has screaming eagle 10.25:1 pistons , I'm pretty sure it has an upgraded cam , but I'm not to sure . It has pipes and air cleaner aswell . Stock heads. I looked and open the side boxes and no tuner or anything . I feel like the bike runs hot and pings at times .
Do I need just a fuel pak or a better adjustable system and a tune ? Thanks , bobby

·
Banned
71 Posts
Hey fellas , what Fuel Management system for my 2006 Rg 88..purchased the bike used . Later down the road found out it has screaming eagle 10.25:1 pistons , I'm pretty sure it has an upgraded cam , but I'm not to sure . It has pipes and air cleaner aswell . Stock heads. I looked and open the side boxes and no tuner or anything . I feel like the bike runs hot and pings at times .
Do I need just a fuel pak or a better adjustable system and a tune ? Thanks , bobby
PowerCommander : But you need to know if you have cams in there . Only takes the gasket to check and see what you have . You want to look at your cam chain tensioners anyway .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man .. So I opened the cam cover and it has s&s gear drive .. So I'm assuming it's Andrews cams . Only thing , i can't see any numbers on what type of cam . From what I was told I need to remove the cams in order to see the numbers.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
It is surprising that an EFI bike that has had cams and pistons doesn't already have some kind of fuel manager. It would almost have to to run worth a damn.

But if not and if you aren't sure of the internals, you could just have the bike set up on a dyno. The can tune it to ideal AFR and performance output.

·
Retired citizen
24,521 Posts
Thanks man .. So I opened the cam cover and it has s&s gear drive .. So I'm assuming it's Andrews cams . Only thing , i can't see any numbers on what type of cam . From what I was told I need to remove the cams in order to see the numbers.
If it's got the S&S gear drive it probably has the S&S cams too ! BUT Andrews also does gear drives. SO ... what exactly do you have parts wise ?
It wouldn't make sense to put S&S gear drive in with Andrew's cams.
Either way you need a fuel management system on your bike.

·
Retired citizen
24,521 Posts
BTW, if your bike has the H-D fuel management there wouldn't be any boxes or modules. The H-D system modifies the OEM ECM program, a reflash on the ECM EEPROM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts