Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the aileron grips from the MoCo. The wing and glove work as a unit. You can hang my hand and the glove grips the wing allowing a bit of cruise control-like relaxation of my fingers. This works even better when wearing a padded glove. There is not too much metal so they do not get very cold. They are not too small to relax your hand and not too big causing your fingers to stretch out. They even look good.

So, what about you?

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
I was hoping I could find grips I could slide over the existing grips that way I could experiment with deferant styles, without braking the bank haven't found them yet.

·
"Ain't quite right"™
11,241 Posts
I know what grips to NOT recommend... the Willie G Skull grips from HD...the rubber breaks down and turns pasty. I only use gloves when it's cold, so I've always got black smudges on my palms.

Does all of the HD grips' rubber break down this way?

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
I know what grips to NOT recommend... the Willie G Skull grips from HD...the rubber breaks down and turns pasty. I only use gloves when it's cold, so I've always got black smudges on my palms.

Does all of the HD grips' rubber break down this way?
I haven't had any problems with my stock sporty's

·
Road Glide
348 Posts
Took the Kuryakyn Iso grips off my RG, I had a pair of HD 100th Anniversary grips so I put them on .Althought it's an 04 technically it was built in 03. I've also found with bikes I've fitted the heat demons to, ones with Iso grips don't get as hot

·
Motor boating
5,255 Posts
i have the black diamond there fatter than stock grips ,so they wouldn't be good for small hands. they don't get as cold as i thought, actually i couldn't tell the difference from rubber grips. the rubber o-rings after 5000 miles show a little sign of wear but no black smudges or rubber breaking down. the ends are removable so you could have bar end mirrors. overall i think they were a good choice.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Stock grips wrapped in a piece of wooden floor under padding (1/16" closed cell foam) and then some leather grip wraps I've had for years. I like a thicker grip and had to build it up some. Used contact cement so it all doesn't slip around.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
i have the black diamond there fatter than stock grips ,so they wouldn't be good for small hands. they don't get as cold as i thought, actually i couldn't tell the difference from rubber grips. the rubber o-rings after 5000 miles show a little sign of wear but no black smudges or rubber breaking down. the ends are removable so you could have bar end mirrors. overall i think they were a good choice.

I'm trying those next.

I like to remind people that most grips can vary in diameter quite a bit and can make a big difference in comfort.

I like these new Tribal grips from Harley.

·
"Ain't quite right"™
11,241 Posts
Saw them the other day, I dig em, but now I'm concerned they're gonna get all nasty as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts