Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Standup Philosopher
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading through the owners manual, it says to check all fasteners to make nothing has come loose. What have your experiences been?

·
Standup Philosopher
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just bought a 2010 Ultra Limited. Took off the left saddle bag for the first time. Behind the bag, the passenger comm cable has a spring hanging off of it. No idea where the other end of the spring is supposed to attach. It's just dangling there.
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1411392835.343619.jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,391 Posts
I have to tighten the passender seat screw frequently. I know better and should have used some locktite months ago so I won't complain if I lose it.

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
The only thing that constantly gets loose on my bike is the nut between the handle bars and the seat.

·
Retired citizen
23,463 Posts
That spring attaches to the back of the license plate bracket and to the mic cable, then to the tourpak clamp.

·
Standup Philosopher
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That spring attaches to the back of the license plate bracket and to the mic cable, then to the tourpak clamp.

Having a hard time picturing that especially without the bike in front of me. If I can't figure it out, I'll be at a Harley dealer on Thursday. Thanks!

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
Was on the way to Myrtle Beach one time on I 20 and a buddies horn cover came off of his wide glide. He was in front of me... It hit the pavement once and went right over my head!!!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Riding across Idaho on I90 on my old RKC, my left slipon came loose from the pipe. Didn't lose it but took 1/2 an hour to put it back on. I think it wasn't fully seated after I replaced the drive belt.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
601 Posts
My left side foot rest/shift peg keep coming loose. I just locktited them hopefully that solves it.

I think my bars came loose after buying the bike causing a wreck but the dealer disagrees. After getting work done from a second accident and the condition the bike came back in it makes me think that is true much more.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Had my Wide Glide for three weeks, and whoever the wingnut was that worked on the rear end did not torque down the sprocket. The whole damn rear end came loose going down the freeway. I pulled off at an exit and a girl pulled up beside me. "Hey Mister, there's a bunch of bolts coming off your bike." I was real happy; cost $1,500 to replace a bunch of stuff.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Had my Wide Glide for three weeks, and whoever the wingnut was that worked on the rear end did not torque down the sprocket. The whole damn rear end came loose going down the freeway. I pulled off at an exit and a girl pulled up beside me. "Hey Mister, there's a bunch of bolts coming off your bike." I was real happy; cost $1,500 to replace a bunch of stuff.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Rear cylinder top motor mount bolt would loosen up. First found on 10K service by dealer tech. Kept coming loose 2 more times. Finally removed all 3 top motor mount bolts. Cleaned and reinstalled with Loctite, no more issues. Found 2 forward mounting bolts on rear fender lost some tightness when checking with torque wrench this weekend. First time that has happened.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
M.F. compensator nut . i stll dont know why harley did not extend the crank shaft longer so you could pin that dang thing. stupid easy fix.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts