Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Standup Philosopher
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just bought a 2010 Ultra Limited. Took off the left saddle bag for the first time. Behind the bag, the passenger comm cable has a spring hanging off of it. No idea where the other end of the spring is supposed to attach. It's just dangling there.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Auto part Motorcycle Tire

·
Super Moderator
5,198 Posts
I have to tighten the passender seat screw frequently. I know better and should have used some locktite months ago so I won't complain if I lose it.

·
Retired citizen
24,501 Posts
That spring attaches to the back of the license plate bracket and to the mic cable, then to the tourpak clamp.

·
Registered
601 Posts
My left side foot rest/shift peg keep coming loose. I just locktited them hopefully that solves it.

I think my bars came loose after buying the bike causing a wreck but the dealer disagrees. After getting work done from a second accident and the condition the bike came back in it makes me think that is true much more.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Had my Wide Glide for three weeks, and whoever the wingnut was that worked on the rear end did not torque down the sprocket. The whole damn rear end came loose going down the freeway. I pulled off at an exit and a girl pulled up beside me. "Hey Mister, there's a bunch of bolts coming off your bike." I was real happy; cost $1,500 to replace a bunch of stuff.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Had my Wide Glide for three weeks, and whoever the wingnut was that worked on the rear end did not torque down the sprocket. The whole damn rear end came loose going down the freeway. I pulled off at an exit and a girl pulled up beside me. "Hey Mister, there's a bunch of bolts coming off your bike." I was real happy; cost $1,500 to replace a bunch of stuff.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Rear cylinder top motor mount bolt would loosen up. First found on 10K service by dealer tech. Kept coming loose 2 more times. Finally removed all 3 top motor mount bolts. Cleaned and reinstalled with Loctite, no more issues. Found 2 forward mounting bolts on rear fender lost some tightness when checking with torque wrench this weekend. First time that has happened.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.