Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking this today while on a lunchtime scoot. For me it really isn't a complaint, but I do have, oh, a nagging thought or two...

The FLHRSE3? Sometimes I think it is too factory chromed out. Too sparkly. Too pretty. Kinda inconsistent with how I ride... hard and far. But this is me.

The VRSCDX? Similar to the above, the fat 240 rear tire. More show than go... though it goes quite well (Nice profile to the tire). Just not sure it's me.

Man, if the preceding is all, who am I to complain! I know, you'd be pleased to take one off my hands to relieve my angst. Ha! Get thee behind me satan! :)

Really, have no issues with the performance, handling, fit/finish, ergos, engine heat, tranny noise, etc. You? Any "wishes"?

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Interesting point with the FLHRSE3. I think it's one of the prettiest bikes out there but I can fully understand your observation. When a bike is that pretty it is hard to think of it as a hardcore riding machine. As for the VRSCDX, Me and my baby love each other. If I had anything to complain about it would be the innacuracy of the fuel guage. Other than that it's all good.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,174 Posts
My wonderful Road Queen Classic is not a smooth as my old beloved VRSCA when at traffic lights.
Studiously w/o comment...... Milwaukee Vibrator

BTW, I can't believe they didn't offer the TC-88B (balanced) motor on the big road bikes.
I guess today it'd be the TC-96B
No shake at all.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Was thinking this today while on a lunchtime scoot. For me it really isn't a complaint, but I do have, oh, a nagging thought or two...

The FLHRSE3? Sometimes I think it is too factory chromed out. Too sparkly. Too pretty. Kinda inconsistent with how I ride... hard and far. But this is me.

The VRSCDX? Similar to the above, the fat 240 rear tire. More show than go... though it goes quite well (Nice profile to the tire). Just not sure it's me.

Man, if the preceding is all, who am I to complain! I know, you'd be pleased to take one off my hands to relieve my angst. Ha! Get thee behind me satan! :)

Really, have no issues with the performance, handling, fit/finish, ergos, engine heat, tranny noise, etc. You? Any "wishes"?
Dude, you are sounding a little Yamaha-y. Too wide a rear tire on a DX? Are you, you know, real happy? That bike is gorgeous.

I have always kinda had an issue with the factory customs. For instance the wide glide always seemed tough to make into "my bike". I prefer to start with the bare bones bike and customize.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Lil... Road Queen Classic :).

Bike vibes are certainly one of those two wheeled aspects with many on both sides of the fence.
Had I gone from the Sportster to the Queen it may not have been an issue. Riding that wonderful VRSCA did it!

PS
A point for creativity, and the lion is the "king" of the jungle. Wait a minute, is a "lioness" king of the jungle? Maybe the queen. Hey, You're riding a Road Queen Classic! :D
You do recall you named her, right?:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
My RG is perfect I have no complaints. It will take me as far for as long as I want to go and still be comfortable.

My NT is all about looks and show. I can't ride this bike for more than 1 hour without my ass hurting. I am seriously considering letting it find a new home.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
I absolutly love my VRSCA, I just wish they had some handlebars with risors that would fit in the clamshell for a price that I could see paying.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
My RG is perfect I have no complaints. It will take me as far for as long as I want to go and still be comfortable.

My NT is all about looks and show. I can't ride this bike for more than 1 hour without my ass hurting. I am seriously considering letting it find a new home.

]
I had a FXSTI that I rigged the same as a Night Train. Same complaint....after an hour it was time to stretch.

I have heard nothing but good things from Road Glide owners but I just can't get over that fairing.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
My bike smells and consumes fossile energy, the seat hurts my ass, the suspension sucks.
Hmmm.... that makes it a motorcycle allright!

·
COB
1,984 Posts
I have seriously debated trading in the VRod on a RG! Damn I love that bike!

The first complaint that comes to mind on my vrod is the limited handle bar and gauge cluster options.
But, but,but...............but that fairing!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have been chastised for saying more than once on the VRod forum. But...I would like a six speed on my Night Rod Special. I just don't see the need to turn the 5000 rpms riding down the road at 70 mph. Ok I said it so blast away at me.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have been chastised for saying more than once on the VRod forum. But...I would like a six speed on my Night Rod Special. I just don't see the need to turn the 5000 rpms riding down the road at 70 mph. Ok I said it so blast away at me.
Blast what? If this was titled "What 2 complaints do you have about your bike?" That would have been my #2! I agree 100%!

·
COB
1,984 Posts
I don't think you will get blasted here. A lot of big twin riders enjoy the low rpm cruise also. I know I do.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts