Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Banned
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering how this works...I currently have a 1200 sportster and what if my gf/so rides a bigger and better bike...is it proper for the woman to sometimes have a bigger and more powerful bike than what the man rides?

·
Registered
257 Posts
We having some "performance anxiety" are we? Don't sweat it....enjoy the company while on the road. If you like your sporty then have fun with it.

·
Banned
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea...wasnt sure about that ir have really heard of it...but what if the woman is the rider and the man rides as a passenger?

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,328 Posts
Your 1200 sportster will have all the power you need. Just enjoy the ride.

Of course unless you ride wide open throttle until you reach the end of each gear you'll never know who has the quicker bike or who has the highest top end.

I did that a lot more when I was younger. Now I just enjoy being on the bike. Of course I still "play" with it some times. But really, normal riding . . . you'll both have fun.

Now if you positively, absolutely have to have the very biggest, baddest bike, get a boss hog with the 427 chevy engine. But your present bike will be able to ride "with" one of those much of the time.

·
Registered
39,514 Posts
Now if you positively, absolutely have to have the very biggest, baddest bike, get a boss hog with the 427 chevy engine. But your present bike will be able to ride "with" one of those much of the time.
Then she will get a Boss Hoss with the 502...

The only way to settle this is to have her make you a sammich,
then when she isn't looking stick a potato in her tail pipe.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
hahaha!!!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Yea...wasnt sure about that ir have really heard of it...but what if the woman is the rider and the man rides as a passenger?
Only if the sporty breaks while on the road, otherwise have her leave the big bike at home and she can get on the back of the sporty.

·
Registered
720 Posts
joe and wilbur are killing me!!

as to your question.. be glad she rides her own! 2 up is fine but... oh to have her on her own bike. Lucky man.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
It's kinda like Boobs. I'm ok with it.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts