Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#2 on the microfiche....the 2 allen bolts that the chrome strut cover gets bolted to the frame? what size are those bolts? thread and size?

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Whenever you try to post a diagram(link) on Ronnies site, it reverts to the Ronnie homepage. I've not been able to figure out how to do it.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Right out of the Parts Book .

SCREW,3/8-16 X7/8 socket pan hd. (grade5 steal)
Part no.4013

This what you need??

·
Banned
71 Posts
In the future:
If you have the part number, post it .
It'll make it easier to help you .

·
Registered
1,270 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ive been searching trying to find what i need! the turn signals i have now have the 5/16x24 thread attached to them...im going with a strutless fender, so i need like a 3/8-16 thread bolt thats about a inch long and like a hex piece adapter that i can thread the turn signals into that...

·
Wayward Son
23,318 Posts
So.....you are planning on mounting the turn signals in the strut holes?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
trying too! it would seem like a easy task..........but i cant find anything..
i need a hollow 3/8-16 rod and a 5/16"-24 to 3/8-16 coupling nut....i tried tractor supply this morning with no luck...

the 24 and the 16 indicate the thread, right? and the 3/8 and the 5/16 are the bolts sizes....i find like 3/8-16 but not 24....errrrr!

·
Wayward Son
23,318 Posts
IMO. That is not an ideal place for mounting. Way to far from the rear of the bike and poor visibility from some angles.

·
Banned
71 Posts
trying too! it would seem like a easy task..........but i cant find anything..
i need a hollow 3/8-16 rod and a 5/16"-24 to 3/8-16 coupling nut....i tried tractor supply this morning with no luck...

the 24 and the 16 indicate the thread, right? and the 3/8 and the 5/16 are the bolts sizes....i find like 3/8-16 but not 24....errrrr!
You will have to have that oddball setup made to order by a Machine Shop.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dang.........

im not too worried about where they are...i use hand signals most of the time anyhow...its more to pass inspection.

·
Registered
39,570 Posts
Whenever you try to post a diagram(link) on Ronnies site, it reverts to the Ronnie homepage. I've not been able to figure out how to do it.
I think they took down the OEM parts diagrams from Ronnie's.

None of my bookmarks for there work anymore.

:what?

·
Wayward Son
23,318 Posts
I think they took down the OEM parts diagrams from Ronnie's.

None of my bookmarks for there work anymore.

:what?
There still available.
When I post them here I have to right click on the diagram then do a save as". Then upload it as an attachment.
Never tried saving the diagrams page link to bookmarks. Just the main page for the Harley parts, my Softail and the GF`s Dyna.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts