Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was doing a little maintenance yesterday changing the oil, primary oil, and cleaning the air filter. everything went good till i got to the air filter. its ok for now but i couldnt get it to come clean. soaked it in hot water with a degreasing soap to remove the oil and contaminants from the filter and its cleaner but i feel it needs to be replaced. it looks like a K&N filter bc its got the red fiber for the filter. only problem is i dont know what breather i need to buy the filter for. its not the normal oval factory breather with oval filter. its got a round filter. heres a pic of the breather:

·
Registered
695 Posts
I agree - it's a Hypercharger. BTW, K&N filters are white when they are clean (un-oiled). The oil is dyed red so you can see where you've sprayed it when you are servicing it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah ok. so how would i go about getting a replacement filter? i cant seem to find them on their site

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Hyperchargers are not the best unit for HIGH horsepower engines. They are just fine for up to stage III mods. I watched a dyno tuner bad mouth the hypercharger when the engine it was on maxed at 97 hp. The owner bought a hi-dollar unit the dyno oper. recommended, and it made 2 more hp. Same day, 30 minutes later. :blahblah:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts