Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Road King Classic
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a clue. Everything seems to be working fine so I can't figure out what purpose it has:
It's in front of the tank on the right side and looks like two spade terminals mounted on a small shaft that appears to come from under the tank. The spade terminal on the left is bent toward the one on the right. Should there be something plugged in here? What am I missing?

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive tire

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exhaust Rim

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
No friggin clue. I just looked on both sides of both Harleys... Not there on either of mine.
Might help if you post year and model. No way to remember what each member rides.

Reactions: HOGNOT

·
Registered
2007 Road King Classic
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry. I thought year and model was viewable in my signature.
2007 Road King Classic

·
Registered
2007 Road King Classic
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great. Thanks for checking yours. Maybe the previous owner removed an ejection button. ;)

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Great. Thanks for checking yours. Maybe the previous owner removed an ejection button. ;)
Or a custom kill switch? If your brave, short them together to see what does and does not work.
(I aint that brave with my bikes)... :alien:

·
Registered
2007 Road King Classic
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I'd tweak the bent one out a bit so it's clear oh the other one, just in case!
There's no voltage at either terminal so it should be okay even if they were to make contact. I guess whatevebr it is, it needs 12 v supplied to one of the spades. I'm not messing with it until I find out what it does.

·
Registered
2016 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited
1,635 Posts
Might be for the A/C :)

·
Registered
2007 Ultra Classic (Sophie) vivid black
403 Posts
On my 07 ultra classic it's connected to the throttle cable for the cruise control. Pretty sure it's the release control for when you hit a brake pedal.

·
Registered
2007 Road King Classic
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On my 07 ultra classic it's connected to the throttle cable for the cruise control
Thanks, Everything about the cruise control is working perfectly so what does it do? Are there wires connected to the spade terminals?

·
Registered
2007 Road King Classic
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's it! Thank you. I'm guessing it must have been bad on my bike and the previous owner had a replacement module installed. You can see the yellow and white wires running to the module in the first photo. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
t's the switch that shuts off the Cruise Control when you roll the throttle forward. Mine failed on my 03 RKC a few years ago and I disconnected it. Now I have to stop the CC by front brake lever, rear brake peddal, clutch lever, or turn it off at the switch on the left handlebar controls.

Light Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Wheel

·
Registered
2007 Road King Classic
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
t's the switch that shuts off the Cruise Control when you roll the throttle forward.
I've had to kill the cruise the same way since I bought the bike. Didn't miss killing it by rolling throttle forward and don't think I'd want to do that any way.
Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I've had to kill the cruise the same way since I bought the bike. Didn't miss killing it by rolling throttle forward and don't think I'd want to do that any way.
Thanks for the pics.
I like having it operational on my SGS and miss it while riding the RKC. I just lightly tap the front brake. I'll replace the whole thing one day, hopefully BEFORE the cables snap, lol.....

Reactions: 1/2 Ton

·
Registered
2007 Road King Classic
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hear ya. I think I'd get tired of resetting the cruise every time I accelerated to pass the old granny drivers around here.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts