Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
No friggin clue. I just looked on both sides of both Harleys... Not there on either of mine.
Might help if you post year and model. No way to remember what each member rides.

Reactions: HOGNOT

Registered
Great. Thanks for checking yours. Maybe the previous owner removed an ejection button. ;)
Or a custom kill switch? If your brave, short them together to see what does and does not work.
(I aint that brave with my bikes)... :alien:

Registered
Or the government version: If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is
Honestly, that's my job! Tear apart operational aircraft, to lurk around for anything that "might become a problem later"!
Break half the chit in the process...Then break more chit, attempting to put it all back together.

馃惖馃敡 Thank you America for paying your taxes!

Geez @Wiredog thank for pointing that out for me... Makes me even more motivated to go to work tomorrow... :p:LOL::ROFLMAO::oops:

Reactions: JLR and Wiredog

Registered
PDM = Periodic Depot Maintenance

I Apologize, I was thinking the slang term of PDM... Purty Dumb Maint... Sorry!

My Grandfather was tool and die man for Hill Field (Now AFB) was Army back in WW2.

Yep, The Navy terms are different but, yes we are Depot Maintenance. Back when I was Active Duty it was called NARF for Naval Air Rework Facility. Apparently some Admiral didn't like the idea that we had to "Rework" all the active duty maintenance. So we were renamed FRC for Fleet Readiness Center. Commonly called NADEP for Naval Air Depot.
Our parent command is FRCSW, NAS Coronado Island. I work at USMCAS Camp Pendleton. H1 product line.

Registered
I did what was called Phase Dock. IIRC Depot Maintenance was every 3000 hours, Phase Dock was 1000 hours, IIRC.
Then during Gulf War, we did what was termed an 'Abbreviated Phase Dock' in theater. First time that was ever done, instead of taking planes out of combat for inspections.
We just got the funding to include Phase Maint. That just added a whole lot of PIA to the plate. It makes sense to run the phase with the 2 year Depot program. Since we already have everything torn down to parade rest. But, you would think the planning staff would combine the work documents... Oh hell no!

Ever since the Gulf War, we have incorporated a IMP (Integrated Maintenance Program) where we, civil service guys, work alongside uniformed personnel. In some ways it helps, in some ways it's a burden to both sides.

Everything is its own friggin book.
Phase docks are all in one binder, then there's The Disassembly book, Phase book, 100% book (parts that get replaced every 2 years), Over and Above book (The discrepancies that we find during Dissy and Inspection). Then the Loose Gear book (removed components discrepancies), Assembly book and finally Paint. So there's about a 100 ways to overlook a written discrepancy on any one component. Not to mention the parts that the Marines decide to cannibalize off of "Out of Reporting" aircraft. This is not a problem if / when they keep the planners informed... IF...

Then on assembly every document and every item are inspected before it leaves our facility. It's a paperwork nightmare. Such fun, for a "paperless maintenance program"

I was TAD to Cannon AFB a few years ago... We have the Osprey program for Navy, Marine and Air Force.
(Some of us, have our own name for that thing.) Let's just say, I'm no fan of that particular aircraft.
Got to see first hand, just how well you guys on the other side live.

Registered
If you ever got down to the 523rd (Crusaders), you probably saw some of my handiwork there. I was the one that made the designated motorcycle parking right outside the hangars in '88.

35 years later, they're still there, visible from Google satellite images.
I can not remember what the building numbers were. I worked in the hangar indicated by the black arrow. The hanger that was being prepared for FRC is indicated by the yellow arrow.
Ecoregion Map World Urban design Screenshot

Edit: We did go to the PX for lunch everyday and i frequented the base gas station.
I was there for one month each of my two visits.
Edit: Not much free time working 12 hrs days 6 days per week. Only chance to do laundry was Sunday. You know the routine, all work and no play.

Reactions: slingshot383

Registered
Okay, out of curiosity, what activates the transmitter module to send a signal to the receiver on the door? I haven't seen one, but should I be looking for a button somewhere on the bike?
Just flip the high / low beam switch..

Edit, Oh sure, my alert columb took me to Rick's question, then just as i'm hitting the Post button the little flag pops up sayin More post View them? Geez, threw me behind the curve!

Reactions: MotoJockey
1 - 9 of 9 Posts