Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Road King Classic
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a clue. Everything seems to be working fine so I can't figure out what purpose it has:
It's in front of the tank on the right side and looks like two spade terminals mounted on a small shaft that appears to come from under the tank. The spade terminal on the left is bent toward the one on the right. Should there be something plugged in here? What am I missing?

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive tire

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exhaust Rim

·
Registered
2007 Road King Classic
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry. I thought year and model was viewable in my signature.
2007 Road King Classic

·
Registered
2007 Road King Classic
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great. Thanks for checking yours. Maybe the previous owner removed an ejection button. ;)

·
Registered
2007 Road King Classic
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not that brave either. My luck it would catch fire! Everything is working so I better leave it alone but would like to know what it is.

·
Registered
2007 Road King Classic
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I'd tweak the bent one out a bit so it's clear oh the other one, just in case!
There's no voltage at either terminal so it should be okay even if they were to make contact. I guess whatevebr it is, it needs 12 v supplied to one of the spades. I'm not messing with it until I find out what it does.

·
Registered
2007 Road King Classic
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On my 07 ultra classic it's connected to the throttle cable for the cruise control
Thanks, Everything about the cruise control is working perfectly so what does it do? Are there wires connected to the spade terminals?

·
Registered
2007 Road King Classic
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's it! Thank you. I'm guessing it must have been bad on my bike and the previous owner had a replacement module installed. You can see the yellow and white wires running to the module in the first photo. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2007 Road King Classic
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
t's the switch that shuts off the Cruise Control when you roll the throttle forward.
I've had to kill the cruise the same way since I bought the bike. Didn't miss killing it by rolling throttle forward and don't think I'd want to do that any way.
Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
2007 Road King Classic
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hear ya. I think I'd get tired of resetting the cruise every time I accelerated to pass the old granny drivers around here.

·
Registered
2007 Road King Classic
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Looking at the OP's bike pic it appears the yellow and white wires are tucked behind a module of sorts that's tucked behind the main wire harness that I don't remember seeing before. Looking at the other posted pics don't show that module. Are the wires plugged into that module ?
I thought the module was a replacement for a bad switch but now I'm not so sure. I believe the two wires with plugs that went to the spade terminals are orange and both are still there.. (just unplugged) The yellow and white wires go into the module behind the main harness and I ASSumed it replaced the bad switch.
Now I'm not sure what the module does but I'm pretty sure MotoJockey nailed the purpose of the switch and all it did was kill the cruise control with forward throttle. I don't want or need that option and everything else works.

·
Registered
2007 Road King Classic
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Wonder if that module is like for a garage door opener or something? Whatever it is, the FCC is interested in it so there's some radio frequency stuff going on I think.
Right again! I pulled the module out to take a pic and found model # HD838T. Google says it's a garage door opener. I had no clue what it was. Now if I can just find a remote for it.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Auto part Electric blue Ac adapter

Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic instrument Microcontroller

·
Registered
2007 Road King Classic
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

·
Registered
2007 Road King Classic
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I'm tech challenged. I don't understand how it works if you have both the transmitter and receiver on the bike. I would think the garage door would be the receiver. No matter.. I don't need it so it's free to anyone who can use it.

·
Registered
2007 Road King Classic
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
The transmitter is on the bike. The receiver is attached to the two wires that go to your garage door opener push button inside your garage.
Okay, out of curiosity, what activates the transmitter module to send a signal to the receiver on the door? I haven't seen one, but should I be looking for a button somewhere on the bike?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts