Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39,575 Posts
Look like lime deposits from hard water.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,486 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has a tanish tint to it.
I'll try my other camera tonight, see if I can get better pics
Thank you

·
Registered
12,006 Posts
Hard water deposits, see that stuff here.

·
Registered
39,575 Posts
Try taking a spray bottle with vinegar in it and spray that area with it then rinse it off. See if that removes those deposits.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
if it were lime deposit it would be all over. bike always leans to the left , so shy would it travel up. need a good color pic.

·
Registered
39,575 Posts
if it were lime deposit it would be all over. bike always leans to the left , so shy would it travel up. need a good color pic.
I'm thinking that the water collects in the head area when hosing it down, and drains where you see the deposits. The bike leaning to the left would make it drain to that side.

·
Registered
12,006 Posts
I'm thinking that the water collects in the head area when hosing it down, and drains where you see the deposits. The bike leaning to the left would make it drain to that side.
After a thorough wash, a run down the freeway blow water off and get home. Some water drips out of the oddest places :eek

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
If you have use of a laser heat gun, you'll find that it THE hottest part of either cylinder head......it has baked away the factory black powder coating............see it constantly here.:)
Scott

1 - 12 of 12 Posts