Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been dive bombed by 3 suicidal birds in the last week. This morning on my way home from work, I top a hill to see a buzzard spread winged blocking my lane. I had to slow way down cause he was really standing his ground.
So have the birds got something personal against me or is anyone else being attacked

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts
Wait until you have a turkey glide in front of you at eye level so close you can hear the wind in his feathers. I almost needed a diaper.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Just Ride
3,034 Posts
Had to duck a vulture (pun not intended ) here in Florida. Talons bounced off my windshield. Big S O B.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Having read a quite disturbing buzzard story on this forum - I think by gtrman66 if I am not mistaken - I slow and steer are far away from them as I possibly can.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,073 Posts
Two years ago we were headed back from a camping trip, I was running lead on a two lane. This bird comes from the side of the road gets clipped by the front end of a car, in mid air got splattered by an 18 wheeler's front end.. screwyest thing I ever saw.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I live in a semi-rural area of a Phoenix suburb. We have dairy farms in the area and there are always thousands of birds swarming around. I don't know what kind of birds they are, but they like to swoop down right in front of the windshield. Truck or bike, doesn't matter. I have tagged a few of them over the years.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Tweety birds will protect their nesting areas in the spring. I do a lot of running and along some of my courses I will be attacked by birds. It happens at the same spot every time I go by so there must be a nest up there in the tree. I've actually had them hit my head when I'm not looking. They better be careful, I'm thinking about hiding a scattergun in the bushes.

·
Aaaaayyyyy
897 Posts
Guy I work with had a turkey buzzard slam into his the fairing on his sport bike a few weeks ago. Some friends and I were in the same area that day, them things where flying low and wobbly, kind of skating across the road almost.

·
Noel
7,356 Posts
Guy I work with had a turkey buzzard slam into his the fairing on his sport bike a few weeks ago. Some friends and I were in the same area that day, them things where flying low and wobbly, kind of skating across the road almost.
Last June 2012, I had a Turkey run right front of me while going about 50 Mph (maybe a little faster)

Big bastard crunched up my lower fairing on the right.

The bird bounced off my bike then smacked my buddie in the face, we both stayed up!!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Last June 2012, I had a Turkey run right front of me while going about 50 Mph (maybe a little faster)

The bird bounced off my bike then smacked my buddie in the face, we both stayed up!!

Pheasant Run 2012 - YouTube
Ya to hit a thunder chicken that big, you were lucky you didn't go down.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts

Pheasant Run 2012 - YouTube
Dang bro, glad it didn't turn out worse!!!

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,658 Posts
I was on a hilly winding road heavily wooded area riding with four others when we heard a very loud screeching sound, almost loud enough to hurt your ears.

Then we seen them two A-10 warthogs from nearby air-force base, just above trees.

At the same time a whole fleet of wild turkeys about took us out!!!

You just never know!!!:bike-038:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm glad it isnt just me that the birds are after. The first week I had my bike a bird barely missed flying through my spokes. I kept thinking that is going to be pretty coming at the other side.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts