Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Drill, Baby, Drill!
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband started a thread on 1130cc.com asking, "What is your motorcycle age?" In other words, how many years have you been riding? So... I'll start. If you asked me a couple of weeks ago, I'd say I was expecting, but I've birthed a brand new 2009 Sportster 1200L. So, I'm in year 1. How about everyone else?

:ride

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,499 Posts
What is your motorcycle age?
I submit that this is a deep and revealing question for some of us.

How do you answer, if you rode for 10 years, and then did not own a bike for 25 years,
but never lost the need or the spirit, and then got back in as soon as circumstances allowed ?

I say the question should be, how long has motorcycling been in your blood?

In that case I'd say about 35 years.

·
Registered
26 Posts
First bike at 16 a BSA Starfire then ended up on a BSA A10 Super Rocket that was 35 years ago present bike a 2005 Road King Classic have always owned a bike since I was 16. There were many other bikes between the BSA and my current ride.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I've been riding since I was 7 years old. I was fortunate to have a father who rode. I've been fortunate enough to own at least one bike at a time, all my life.

My motorcycle age is 39.

On the road (legally) 30 years.

On the road (illegally) a few years. :D

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
I'm a toddler that forgot what he used to know 40 yrs. ago and didn't know very much back then.:nod

·
Registered
74 Posts
over 30 years

started when I was twenty four. Now 55 - do the math:1drink

·
when did it start 4u
2,051 Posts
well started when I was about 8 got my first mini-bike, I went dry for a while got first real road bike at 18 now 22, so I am either 14 or 4

·
Most Wanted
534 Posts
I started out on dirt bikes at 8yrs old. My pop has been riding most of his life as well, in fact, we still ride together. I'm very fortunate and grateful to have this opportunity. I have about 35 years under my belt.

·
Registered
40,743 Posts
Never been without a motorcycle of some sort since 6th grade, and mini bikes before that. On the road legally for 30 years.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hmmm... Started riding at age 11 on a rebuilt (in our shed) Rupp minibike I found on the curb. Me and a friend took it apart and put it back together using all the original stuff that came with it. Gaskets and all. Didn't know how a centrificial clutch worked so I hammered a bolt through it and it became direct drive. I thought it was busted. Leaked gas like a garden hose. It eventually caught fire and burned to the ground...
Then at 16 I got a real motorcycle. Have probably gone 4 or 5 years between then and now where I ain't had a bike for one reason or another. So I figure my motorcycle age is in the neighborhood of 32, give or take.

·
Registered
40,743 Posts
Brakes only slow you down.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Brakes or breaks?:lol8
An old friend on His 45/45 said"brakes are for beginners" :lol8
He also wore them steel things on the toes of His boots,Theyd sure make some nice sparks in the night.:rofl::rofl:He did eventually get the brakes to workin.

44 years and growing.:nod:thumb

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Being i my second (okay, maybe third) childhood, I have in the vicinity of 50 years on two wheels.

So.....you KNEW William Harely and Arthur Davidson? :rofl:

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
ahahahaha.. you are so bad dave..

lets see i started riding 31 years ago.. been street legal for 22 years..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts