Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I'm thinking of picking up a 1999 Ultra and was wondering what kind of gas mileage I can expect. Its got an SE air cleaner and slip on mufflers. I assume there is a download or some kind of tuner.
Thanks, Greg

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Depends somewhat on your riding style, how much you carry... 38 to low 40's maybe more.

·
Registered
327 Posts
When I brought my Ultra back from Tennessee I was getting 48-50MPG. 5000 miles later in Houston I get about 40MPG. Now I have heard we have a lot of environmental additives here and they can cause a loss of MPG but I don't have any statistics to verify this. My Dodge Ram also gets better mileage when I get away from Houston.

·
Registered
28 Posts
'06 Ultra / SERT / SE air cleaner / Supertrapp SE pipes, dyno 75/72.

On a good day I get 38, less in town. I plan 35 mpg for trips and the low fuel light pops at 150 miles.

·
Livn' On Bonus Years
155 Posts
I get 36 mpg on the average with stage 1, youst power tube, Rindhardt TD's. Sometimes less depending on my attitiude that day :woo:wo

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,504 Posts
I don't think you can start to explain your mileage without saying FI or carb. FI is always going to be better.

A carb is a vaguely calibrated fuel leak.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The more miles I put on the bike, the worse my gas milage gets. Bought the '95 RK (carb) in August of '04 and I was getting about 36mpg. The bike has 23k on it. Now I get 30mpg and have 69k miles on it. I believe she's getting tired...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts