Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very new so don't know what fuel type i should put...
regular, super??

pls advise any info..

thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
4,901 Posts
Owners manual will let you know which is best. I have always used the 92 though.

·
Administrator
13,243 Posts
I use 87 Octane in the old 80" EVO and it runs fine.

I have been running the highest (93) I can find for the 103. Bigger displacement, heat and fuel injection all add to my concern about lower grades.

Reactions: 67Duce and JPR

·
Former Lurker
3,606 Posts
Super. And I try to go to the local "Pure" (Name of the station) stations that do not use ethanol.

·
Registered
695 Posts
93 octane, non-ethanol when it's available. Otherwise, 93 octane with the corn squeezin's.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Ran 87 in my 02 e-glide and it did ok in ohio, but once i got out to sd where the ethanol reigns it would knock and ping all the time i was getting on it. Had to supplement with octane booster until i got home. Nothing but 92 or 93 from then on out.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,958 Posts
I use the highest octane rating available. Got forced into using something like 90 out west a few years ago, and it pinged and rattled all the way to the next available higher octane fillup. Mine seems OK on 91 or higher, but that also depends on altitude and terrain and how big a hurry I am in.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
'14 Ultra, Stage 4 - SUPER. Always. Even for the few hundred miles before the Stage 4 was installed, always ran 91+ when I couldn't higher.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Guess people don't mind tellin what kind of gas they Use I use Gasoline. Just don't ever ask what kind of oil you should use. My sporty does good on midgrade or high test. Coughs a bit when I shut it down on the 82 crap

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
Guess people don't mind tellin what kind of gas they Use I use Gasoline. Just don't ever ask what kind of oil you should use.
There are 3 grades of gas. 2 types of gas. Corn and no corn.
Oil brands are a bit different other then the 2 types. Syn or fossil. :think

For what it`s worth.
I understand people pinching a penny. But when the type, octane grade, is called out in the owners manual......
Have also heard and read that even though you may not hear any knocking and pinging. It may still be there. Along with any of the associated potential damage.

·
CVO Captain
742 Posts
I always use 93 in all my bikes 01 dyna low rider 2013 road King and now 93 for the CVO limited. I once use 87 in my 01 dyna by mistake I disconnected the fuel line and drain the take what a nightmare it was.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts