Harley Davidson Forums banner

What Kind of Seat Firmness Do You Prefer?

• Make it soft

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Eh, kinda in between

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Give it to me firm baby

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm in the minority on this. Reviewers complain about them. Bikes I've owned with them stock... I note forum posts seeking an aftermarket improvement.

I'm a.... firm seat rider! :ride

My rear end doesn't get so hot and stanky down there and I can slide around more easily. But this is me. What is your pref?

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
I don't like it "too" hard... my current seat is a stock take-off from a Road Glide... it may be a little firmer than my original seat (still hanging in the garage) but not like a Corbin or anything. It's great for all-day rides. I could see getting one of those taxi-driver beaded seat cushions for the real hot days. I've heard that a sheepskin would help in that area, too.

·
Registered
212 Posts
A friend of mine bought 2 wash mits from the auto parts store ,cut them open and sowed them together and rode 900 miles the next day ,he liked it.I have a corbin dual tourer and love it 500+ a day with ease.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Good question but I'm really not sure. The main discomfort that plagues me after many hours in the saddle is that my tailbone hurts. I'm not sure if it's because my stock seat is to hard or too soft.

·
its rusting
429 Posts
i like it somewhere between soft and firm, what i definitely do not want is my lower extremities to go numb for sure

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
I prefer firm, and will cut padding out to get it. Just seems I can feel the bike better. Seats were firmer when I first started riding, at least on Brit cafe racers - maybe that's got something to do with it.

That said, I don't ride long distances or continuous times.

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts

·
COB
1,984 Posts
I have always been partial to women with firm seats.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts