1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
If I put this gazebo frame out in my backyard, what material could I use to make the roof permanent? I was talking it over with my wife and to save money for right now I'm thinking of getting this frame and putting a permanent roof on it and staking it down. Any suggestions would be great.

Outsunny 10' x 10' Leaf Design Steel Gazebo Frame Outdoor Patio Canopy Cover | eBay
I think you would be throwing money away trying to install a permanent style roof, the frame work on that structure is not designed for the weight. You could anchor 4x4 or 6x6 posts into the gound on the inside corners and build your roof structure off of that??

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I was going to buy one that looked like that and anchor it to the ground, came with holes in frame and some small stakes for dirt?

Reviews weren't to good ,so I'm planning on making a lean to style with 4x4 supports and rafters with metal roofing?

Only thing I'm wondering about is I have a 22 ft span I don't want a 4x4 support and don't know if that's to far of a span without support??

·
Try'n to behave
5,523 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
That looks a lot like one that I had for a couple years. I tried to set it up permanent by staking it down. It came with a cloth top that was vented to relieve air pressure. It also had cloth sides that could be all closed up or opened up and tied back. I'm glad I finally got rid of it. The wind just played hell with it. The frame was too light weight to hold up to any wind storms, even with the fabric all tied open and the thing staked down. First year wasn't bad, but after the second year I gave up on it.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I was going to buy one that looked like that and anchor it to the ground, came with holes in frame and some small stakes for dirt?

Reviews weren't to good ,so I'm planning on making a lean to style with 4x4 supports and rafters with metal roofing?

Only thing I'm wondering about is I have a 22 ft span I don't want a 4x4 support and don't know if that's to far of a span without support??
Not sure of the depth of your roof structure, pitch, loads in your area, roofing materials used, but a 22' span is achievable with the proper header supporting your trusses/or rafters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts