Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't know whether to ask by state, zip code, county, neighborhood, etc... so I'll leave it up to you :).

If I'm riding to or passing by your area on two wheels tell me or anyone else doing the same your recommendation for I road I have to experience. Share where the road is, the # or name, and why is it special. Also, is there a place nearby where I can sit down and have a good meal :).

·
Registered
77 Posts
Steve,
Funny question seeing how you were just here a few days. You already know about these 2, but for everybody else, here goes.

1. If on the East Side, be sure to checkout Stonelick-Williams Corner Road . nice slow twisties, no traffic and a very old covered bridge.

2. When in Cincinnati on a bike, take a side trip to Rabbit Hash Kentucky. Doesn't matter how you get there. Go to the General Store, then sip rootbeer on the banks of the Ohio River.

Here are a couple of ride videos I made to the two places above:
(#2 is less blury)
1.http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4169141354942651948&hl=en

2.http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5206698997165299304&hl=en

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
reefteach... Been to Rabbit Hash and you're right, great riding in every direction there and like the charm of the general store, the dance barn, and the nearby river.

Where is Stonelick-Williams Corner Rd? I remember that vid!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Natchez Trace

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ndtiger... Hear you on the Natchez Trace. Have always thought of it as once of the finest cruising roads in the country. Connected with it once near Tupleo and rode south to Vicksburg. Sublime. Stopped off at all kinds of historical places. Haven't done the section north to Nashville. Hear it is excellent.

·
Livn' On Bonus Years
155 Posts
Probably everyone knows about the Tail of the Dragon

This is a must for anyone on a bike within several hundred miles.

http://tailofthedragon.com/

·
Registered
472 Posts
Not in my immediate area but, from Shreveport up through Arkanas on Hwy 71, has been my personal favorite to date. Rode that route South with a friend from the KC Rally.

·
Rally Trash Picker
28 Posts
The Palomar Mountain run that's about half hour or so from me is a well know circuit in the sportbike community. After that, you can hang out at the Hideout and check out all kinds of bikes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
:ride Next time your in Va try the Blue Ridge Parkway and also a little further east is the Colonial Parkway both beutiful this time of year and 1 other area is Scenic Highway in Pocahontas County WVa they also have a yearly rally up there @ Snowshoe Ski Resort in the summer but bring a jacket:ride

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'll give you another "must ride", maybe not for the for the same reasons you've started this post but, if you really want to appreciate every other road in the United States, try I-10 from Lafayette, La. to the Texas border. As terrible as the roads are here in Louisiana I do have to say I should never have to worry about kidney stones being lodged in my kidneys!:rofl:

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Coonass... I think I see what you are saying! Mental note to self: Avoid I-10 to the TX border. Now there's a thought... what are the must-avoid roads!

BTW, I have a distant memory of Morgan City! March 1980 I took myself on my own Spring Break trip to see the Gulf Coast. Somewhere along the way I ingested one bad Burger King hamburger. I pulled into a Morgan City hotel room and hugged the toilet all night!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts