Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read through some other posts, but they were all for smaller guys it seems. I'm 270 and 5'10. Got a solo seat with springs, but could use a little softer ride still. It's a 2006 1200 low and it's been lowered even more than stock. What shocks would y'all recommend?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
38,917 Posts
That's the nature of the beast with short shocks.

If you want a softer ride, get some longer shocks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm 5-10 230 riding on the stock shocks on my XL883N. I have my eyes on either a set of Burley Slammer Shock or a set of Licks Struts for the rear. I am not too concerned with the harsh ride. My stock shocks already ride hard as hell.. With me alone and the occasional two up.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's got burley slammers on it now. Might try adjusting them differently. If not ill try longer shocks or air shocks. I love the look of the burleys and the ride is great as long as the road is. Bigger bumps though almost seem to bounce me off the bike! Maby some adjusting will work!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah those big bumps get yah... I almost did a full superman on my way to work one morning on the thruway... ass off the seat and feet off the pegs... I hit a dip in the road real hard. LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts