Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 Flht classic. I use to have the rear lowered 1 inch. I put a Dunlop mu85b16 oem tire back on it. I had to take the lowering kit off because it was bottom out. And I don't remember what the old tire size was when I put the lower kit on. Does anyone know what a good size rear tire to put on so I can put the lowering kit back on without bottom out.

·
Just Ride
3,261 Posts
Put some air in your shocks.

·
Banned
71 Posts
05 Flht classic. I use to have the rear lowered 1 inch. I put a Dunlop mu85b16 oem tire back on it. I had to take the lowering kit off because it was bottom out. And I don't remember what the old tire size was when I put the lower kit on. Does anyone know what a good size rear tire to put on so I can put the lowering kit back on without bottom out.
Bottoming out has less to do with tire size than it does with the shocks themselves . If you are bottoming out "all the time" , you will need to install a better grade of shock ( one that will carry more weight ) .

I would suggest that you look into using Progressive shocks . :)

·
2,327 Posts
Agreed...change the shocks to Progressive. The original tire for that bike is an MU85B16.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts