Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Lowrider with 8000 miles on and the rear tire soon needs replacing already. What brand would you put on Dunlap like original or another brand?????

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
I'm about ready to go through a rear tire..have Dunlops, was considering other brands.. till I got stuck in a down pour last year. 65 mph in the pouring rain, and that bike was glued to the road... so if I peel through a rear tire every 8 grand.. I'm good with that, I like feeling safe in all conditions.. just my .02

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
I like Dunlops. I use the K591 on my Dyna, and the Elite 3 on my Electra. The OEM Dunlops with H D on the sidewall are good, but a little softer than I need. I go for harder (not hard) higher mileage tires.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I went with the Michilen Commander 2 .... Seems to hold up a lot better than the factory Dunlops and from what I can tell a better ride... I do like the look of the stock tires better on my Fat Bob... But money talks. Not one bitch at all from the Commander 2's so far...

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
I've only ever had Dunlops on my bikes. However my father is a die hard Avon guy and I am going to try out Avon Cobras next.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I like the Dunlops, but love the Michellin Comander IIs. 80mph in the hard rain. No problem. Cornering seems to be improved as well. Miles are supposed to be better, but time will tell.

·
Registered
38,960 Posts
I went with Metzler ME-880s last time I needed tires.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I put Pirelli Night Dragons on my 2008 Street Bob. Was able to go to a 180 on the rear. Ride is better, grip isn't bad but not as good as the stock Dunlops. Only got 6,000 on the rear Dunlop. Almost 8,000 on my Night Dragon and it is still good. Think I am going to try the Michelins next.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Only got 5000 out of my OEM dunlops, switched to commander ll. I now have 5000 on the c2s and they still look new! Much better ride and handling!

·
2009 Softail Custom
294 Posts
I just put Metzler ME 880's on my 2009 Softail Custom and love them so far.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
What are some good online retailers for tires? I'm looking for some for my RK. Want some whitewalls.
I like Motorcycle Superstore. They have good prices, free shipping, tires arrive on 3rd day, and all tires I have gotten from them are within 6 months of being made. Dennis Kirk will beat any price by $1, but why have to ask?

·
Single Dad
19 Posts
I like the Dunlops, but love the Michellin Comander IIs. 80mph in the hard rain. No problem. Cornering seems to be improved as well. Miles are supposed to be better, but time will tell.
I totally agree with this message.. My Dyna Superglide became a totally different ride with these tires.. and rain is NOTHING to these tires. Handling is great, and improved. Overall ride quality is better. You wont go wrong with them,...
Just my two cents..
adkg12

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I totally agree with this message.. My Dyna Superglide became a totally different ride with these tires.. and rain is NOTHING to these tires. Handling is great, and improved. Overall ride quality is better. You wont go wrong with them,...
Just my two cents..
adkg12
I got mine at Chaparral Motorsports. Free Delivery and good prices for all tires.
Chaparral Motorsports - Motorcycle Parts and Motorcycle Gear

I have a little lube and tire changing place in Houston that changed them for 35 a tire.

·
Wide=Glide and Rider
1,110 Posts
Metzlers here also. Lasting longer than Dunlop and ride much better.

·
Asylum Inmate
11,671 Posts
What are some good online retailers for tires? I'm looking for some for my RK. Want some whitewalls.
Nobody has ever been able to beat MotoXoutlet.com for tires in the last four years I have been purchasing online. Especially on Avon Cobras.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts