Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid helmets...
They look or seem nice or right in the store but after you ride a couple times with them and don't like them they are yours, no return on helmets. I've got two half helmets and a fullface all worn once or twice and now sit in the garage. I wear a polo style novelty helmet for now but want to get a DOT aproved one but no shops carry them. I found what I think I want but like trying them on before I buy.

HCI-105 Polo Matt Black Motorcycle/Scooter Half Helmet (Large) : Amazon.com : Automotive

HCI-105 Polo Half Helmet Flat Black DOT - Motorcycle Helmets - Jafrum

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
If you get them at HD they are yours. Probably like gun holsters, you might collect a few before you find the right one.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I must have about a dozen helmets between me and the wife. I keep a few extra helmets around for the kids and grandkids to wear 4wheelin' or snowmobilin'. Just put them on Craigslist and get what you can for them if you don't want them anymore. Better a few bucks in the pocket than sittin around collecting dust on a shelf.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
Flip em over and make flower pots out of them.

Hang em in the trees for bird nests.

String em together and make a wind chime.

Take out in the woods and use them for target practice.

·
Was Briefly First
1,753 Posts

·
"MacHine"
379 Posts
I have the same issue with helmets. I consider myself a helmet whore. I purchase a new helmet thinking it will be perfect. Wear it once or twice and decide not to use it.

When that happens, I send it to Yellow Devil Gear Exchange. They will sell your used gear, take a percentage and send you the cash. Jessica who owns the store in Long Beach, CA is a terrific young lady with a great idea that helps rider sell their used gear.

Here is the link: Yellow Devil Gear Exchange

Jeff

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,273 Posts
I was just noticing mine this morning is full of gray hairs. Must be an old helmet.

·
Ride Hard
802 Posts
If revzilla carries that helmet, they'll let you return it no questions asked if you have only tried it on. Once you wear it to ride, however, it's yours.
I've made a few purchases with revzilla. Very impressed with their return policy. They understand if your going to buy online that you need a chance to try the item on prior to locking down the deal.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I keep them around for when I have a passenger who doesn't have her own helmet.

When they go out of date I dump them. I've dumped some nice helmets over the years. Perhaps the target practice idea needs to be explored.

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
My Ol bought me a "high dollor" hd #1 ..cause she knows I like the HD1....put it on...didn't fit right on my fat head....put it in the bag and back in closet...$150.00 helmet going to waste......:dunno

1 - 20 of 20 Posts