Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2014 Ultra Limited in May. I put Vance and Hines High Output Carbon Fiber slips Ons on the day I bought it. I'm wanting better sound and performance. I plan to do a power commander also or screaming eagle tuner. What I'm wanting to know now is what true dual headers are the best. Should I stay with Vance and Hines and go with the power duals? You thoughts please. Thanks in advance.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
I think the power duals look great!!! Here is a picture with them( my buddys red bike) then the Vance and Hines true duals were with Rinehart slip ons on my old bike ... And I'm running the Rinehart slimline duals now with 4inch slip ons and love them!!!(3rd picture)

It is completely up to you what you want...they will all add a nicer sound ... The best advice would be to go to your local dealerships / bike nights and look at and ask to hear the different exhausts... Good luck... You will like that upgrade!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Attachments

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I think the power duals look great!!! Here is a picture with them( my buddys red bike) then the Vance and Hines true duals were with Rinehart slip ons on my old bike ... And I'm running the Rinehart slimline duals now with 4inch slip ons and love them!!!(3rd picture)

It is completely up to you what you want...they will all add a nicer sound ... The best advice would be to go to your local dealerships / bike nights and look at and ask to hear the different exhausts... Good luck... You will like that upgrade!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
This is true. The bike will also be a touch louder.

True-duals means the crossover is eliminated, and on cat headpipes, that's the area where the cat is/was.

Harley does this to allow 2 mufflers to share engine pulses and to assist in quieting the engine down, and not having to use large, unsightly mufflers.

THERE IS NO PERFORMANCEW GAINS TO DOING THIS. (removal) BUT....it does seem to break up engine exhaust pulses and helps give the bike a truer, real harley sound.

However, having ture-duals allows a rider to hear each cylinder separately, and it's a great tool for diagnostics, in seeing which cylinder is/isn't running, or which one is running cooler or hotter than another.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you go with the power dials do you have to do a tuner. I am trying to decide gut the cat and just run it or try the power duals. But I do want to stick with the stock mufflers, I happening to like mine quiet.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If you go with the power dials do you have to do a tuner. I am trying to decide gut the cat and just run it or try the power duals. But I do want to stick with the stock mufflers, I happening to like mine quiet.

I would tune. I would also re-tune if going from different style header pipe to header pipe, say dresser duals to the power duals or power duals to a 2-1. Heck, I tweak the tune after any change to intake or exhaust but I tend to go a bit overboard lol

I love my dresser duals. Went to them from an x-pipe and ran better after some minor alterations to the tune.

·
Union Ironworker
185 Posts
I'm running Bassani....really good looking but need a different slip on to get any decibels.....

Attachments

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
I'm running Bassani....really good looking but need a different slip on to get any decibels.....
Damn, I love your bike! I never get tired of seeing different pictures of it.

--

·
Union Ironworker
185 Posts
Damn, I love your bike! I never get tired of seeing different pictures of it.

--
Wow.....thank you for the complement Silverback, much appreciated...your 04 is a beaut too.

I have to admit tho, I didn't build her this way, I was searching for a bike and saw this picture and it was love at first sight....hardly changed a thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
I did extensive research before purchasing Rush Headers. I went with true duals HO. It reduces temps of the pipe by as much as 400 degrees. Everywhere I ride someone wants to know what pipes I have cause the sound is so right on. I have Vance and Hines slash cut ovals slip ons and they never sounded right till I changed the header. Oh, no heat issues anymore. The rush pipes are ceramic coated to insulate the heat and it make a unique sound like no other pipe. Bought them from Cyclesolutions.com

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have a Rush true duel header on my 14 SG with the Vance and Hines highflows and the sound of em got allot better when I did the cams and now after the top end was done they sound awsome. They are very loud and deep.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts