Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't seem to find alot of YouTube videos of slipons for the 14 touring models. I know this subject can be very subjective and everyone has different taste but just wanted to get an opinion on what exhaust people have gone with and what they do and don't like. Also did you remap and what else did you add such as air cleaner and head pipe. I heard the new bikes don't need remapping such as stage one download. With the new high output engine I don't know if there is anything different then previous models.

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Added ceramic coated headpipe (avail from FuelMoto or Fullsac)...so I get to use my stock chrome covers for that stock look.

Dynojet PowerVision (got that also from Jamie @ FuelMoto). I can monitor everything on the bike using a cool display... best money spent, imho.

For mufflers, in my case I like the stock units... but wanted additional sound from them. So I got some 2" cores from Fullsac and changed the ones in the stock units. Easy to do in the CVO mufflers. But as you said, this is very subjective... you will need to look and listen to as many as you can and then select the ones YOU like. If you do the headpipe then all you need is slip-ons... no need to buy a full exhaust system unless you are going for a 2into1...

I hope that helps. Keep us posted on what direction you take.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have the SE Street Cannons on my 14 UL with the factory head pipe and factory air cleaner. I like the sound, not too loud and good lower tone. But like you said that is an opinionated topic. lol

·
ZVO
1,416 Posts
I started with 4 inch Rineheart, no map needed..sounded great.

I then added the V&H X pipe at the time Rineheart did not make an X pipe (they do now) so I switched to VH monster rounds.

That required a new map and race tuner.

It is not as loud anymore with the V&H but it sure is faster now.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Reinhart extreme cross over heads and 4" mufflers with the Stage 1 and air cleaner. My daughter says it's obnoxiously loud when she drives behind us (she doesn't care about motorcycles) and my wife doesn't think it's loud enough.

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
I now see that HD has a cat-less head pipe... well... it is a full exhaust system with the high-flow cat in the mufflers.

Page 503 of the 2015 catalog.

Screaming Eagle High-flow exhaust system with night stick mufflers - 64800022 - "larger diameter free-flowing head pipes and matching mufflers."

·
Registered
234 Posts
Exhaust mod

2014SGS SE ac decatted stock head pipe V&H fp3 V&H twin slash slip ons love it by the way blackened cayenne Sunglo !

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I'm leaning toward V&H monster rounds or oval slash cut. How about just a drop in k&n air filter and stock header, still no remap or remap. I like using the fuel pack by v&h had good results in the past, may go that route.

·
ZVO
1,416 Posts
If possible use the HD race tuner, because it is reusable if you ever do the full exhaust, cams, etc.

If you do anything with the air cleaner then u will need to remap...if you get more air your bike air/ fuel mixture will be off and you can damage your bike and it will backfire when you are riding and let of the throttle.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I went with th RCX Slipns first with no header off the floor but my 14 SG just didnt sound right, Then I went with a Rush Header with the V&H High Flow slip ons and added the SE race Tuner and the sound was much much better. The issue of the heat coming off the engine and boiling my nads went away as well. Dead on SoldierX The Race Tuner is the way to go with the 14s it is reusable if you do any engine mods which most us end up doing like I did and Harley doesnt give you any crapola about your Warranty. The Parts guys at Harley offered to sell me a Power Commander but then the Warranty supervisor told me he would have to void out my warranty as soon as it was installed. I may have been able to get around that but I decided to avoid the hassle and go with the SE Tuner and it has worked Very well for me.

·
ZVO
1,416 Posts
I went with th RCX Slipns first with no header off the floor but my 14 SG just didnt sound right, Then I went with a Rush Header with the V&H High Flow slip ons and added the SE race Tuner and the sound was much much better. The issue of the heat coming off the engine and boiling my nads went away as well. Dead on SoldierX The Race Tuner is the way to go with the 14s it is reusable if you do any engine mods which most us end up doing like I did and Harley doesnt give you any crapola about your Warranty. The Parts guys at Harley offered to sell me a Power Commander but then the Warranty supervisor told me he would have to void out my warranty as soon as it was installed. I may have been able to get around that but I decided to avoid the hassle and go with the SE Tuner and it has worked Very well for me.

Yeah a 2014 bike with a warranty is like a 20 year old college student naked in your bed with you....you don't want to do anything to eff that up.

·
Former Lurker
3,007 Posts
I went with the Rhinehart True duals, SE exteme breather and a SRT.
I have been very happy with my combo.
Power and sound are good.
(2014 limited)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well soldierx if I had a 20 year old college girl naked and in my my bed I would be wanting to eff it frequintly..LOL

·
CRSO
344 Posts
I think I'm leaning toward V&H monster rounds or oval slash cut. How about just a drop in k&n air filter and stock header, still no remap or remap. I like using the fuel pack by v&h had good results in the past, may go that route.
On my 2014 FLHTK I put on the same slipons I had on my 2008, as I like the sound - V&H twin slash rounds.
I left the headpipe alone, and put in an Arlen Ness big sucker retro kit.
Since I changed both the mufflers and the intake, I remapped using a Fuelpak FP3.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
71 Posts
Which Dealership was it ?????

:coffee:

·
Was Briefly First
1,753 Posts
If possible use the HD race tuner, because it is reusable if you ever do the full exhaust, cams, etc.
Lots of options beyond the HD tuner. A Power Commander or Power Vision, for example, is also good for doing future mods.
If you do anything with the air cleaner then u will need to remap...if you get more air your bike air/ fuel mixture will be off and you can damage your bike and it will backfire when you are riding and let of the throttle.
You do not need to remap. It's true that you'll get decel popping without doing it, and the bike will run better in general if you do, absolutely true. That being said, you will not damage your bike if you don't do one. That's a myth.

The Parts guys at Harley offered to sell me a Power Commander but then the Warranty supervisor told me he would have to void out my warranty as soon as it was installed.
That guy lied to you. It's illegal to "void" a warranty, that's not how they work. The manufacturer can refuse to pay for a service under warranty, but in order to do so they need to prove that whatever you did was the direct cause of the failure you're trying to fix. That's the law.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts