Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered the rear saddlebag guard kit from HD about 6 weeks ago....after waiting 3 weeks finally got it, went to put it on and they gave me two right supports.

(By the way no matter how much beer you have had you can’t make two rights work)

I took the parts back and the dealer said they had been trying to get the left support for months and Hd kept sending them rights...even in the kits.

so now I am wondering about the quality control at HD parts. I am trying to make myself feel better about it thinking that HD is trying to send a message that they are so far right they can’t make a left part.

but maybe they could just make “the other right”?

2021 SG
Dd

·
Try'n to behave
6,208 Posts
Two rights don't make a wrong? :unsure:

Reactions: Drake

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Nothing to do with Harley parts but my wife ordered a pair of boots on line as the stores are closed due to lock down here in UK .
ok the package arrived she took boots out and found that both were for left foot , I was laughing so much , she phoned a number up to report the problem and it turns out that she had bought the last pair ,,,,,,,, so it seems that someone else was walking around with two right feet .
Wife sent them back got a refund of the money .
Happy days !!!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
There is a huge difference between manufacturing a quality part and matching a need for a part (a customer) with the correct part. Otherwise all baggers would be running around with a right, but no left guard.

Reactions: slingshot383
1 - 5 of 5 Posts