Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asked the question what was your first H-D here.

What is on your near or far horizon for the next H-D? Will there be one? Have your eye on a model that speaks to your heart?

I don't have a clue. Sometimes I think E-Glide. Sometimes I go the other direction and think Crossbones!

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
I like the Dyna low rider or custom, cost is a factor though.

·
Vanilla Gorilla
1,384 Posts
My next H-D will most likely be an Ultra Classic, I love my FatBoy but on longer rides with my back issues I start to feel the pain(not enough to make me stop riding though:D)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Unless soccer mom or deisel dan take me out. Im on my last Harley

Even if the HD Sportster trade-in comes true, and that crossbones winks at me on the showroom.

I will resist

·
Super Moderator
12,837 Posts
I think I will keep my FLHT to the day I die. If it were stolen... Road Glide.

·
Road Glide
348 Posts
I like the look of the SE Road Glide ,but I just can't justify it.Plus I've become rather attached to my undercarraige, and deb thinks I spend too much on Harley's already. Been looking at BMW GS's are a second / third bike though :banana

If I could find a good Heritage Springer at the right price I might buy that as well :dave

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Liquid Cooled Road Glide.
Preferably a SE model.:woo

·
Registered
40,503 Posts
Either a blacked out FLHX similar to the one I configured using HD's site pictured below, or a hotrod Nallinized Nightster.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Asked the question what was your first H-D here.

What is on your near or far horizon for the next H-D? Will there be one? Have your eye on a model that speaks to your heart?

I don't have a clue. Sometimes I think E-Glide. Sometimes I go the other direction and think Crossbones!
My Deuce will be my ride to the end. I'll keep it up and probably need an engine rebuild one day. But I love the bike and like rolling up the miles and memories on it. If it's shot by the time I'm done with it, so be it. It's going to my son, anyway, when I can't ride any more, or croak, whichever comes first. And he's into metric.lol

Bob

·
Registered
89 Posts
I traded for a '09 Sweet Glide four months ago. This is my sixth HD. It is without a doubt this best one I have had. At this point in time at 54 years old I am going to see how long I can ride this one. So I guess HD will have to not depend on my dollars. But again, this a awesome bike.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I rode a heritage softail for a while, but my last two were the Ultra Glides and I plan on ordering a new peace officer edition in vivid black after the holidays. My 2003 Ultra I took to rolling thunder in Washington DC from Georgia in 2004 was excellent. On the way home straight ride other than gas and food, great bike. I rode back with some guys on Honda Gold Wings and they whined about wanting to stop to rest every state entered. If I didn't have passenger considerations I would look at the street glide for considerations.

·
IBA Member 40248
120 Posts
I'm on the last bike for a while for me.. 08 Ultra with some extra bells and whistles.. But if it were a perfect world, I'd get a Road King just to toodle around town.

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
If I was replacing the 'Barge, it would be another bagger.

If I was ADDING to the fold, it would either be a Buell. Or maybe a stripped-down Dyna to drag race.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I traded for a '09 Sweet Glide four months ago. This is my sixth HD. It is without a doubt this best one I have had. At this point in time at 54 years old I am going to see how long I can ride this one. So I guess HD will have to not depend on my dollars. But again, this a awesome bike.
Good to hear from you OB! Glad to hear to "Sweet Glide" is sooo sweet. I would acknowledge that thing on my short list as well.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Talk about a tough question. I do shift back and forth from StreetGlides to the xr1200 to this.....

1 - 20 of 86 Posts