Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the winter I spend a lot of time doing customizing my bike in the garage. Just little things, but I'm no where nearly as skilled as a technition, so jobs take me 10X the hours:eek: . So, I started already. I'm halfway done putting a dual trumpet air horn on.(see a tech would have finished in the time it took me to find all my tools, but this job take me 3 days). I'm also going to take off my license plate bar, and mount the plate under the stoplight. While I'm doing that, I'm gonna put LED turn sgnals on. If Santa is good to me, I will add lots of chrome to. My bike never looks the same after winter.

So what winter customizing do you have planned?

·
Bat Juice Consultant
65 Posts
Just going to do a little bit of chrome and then have some paint work done on the tank and fenders..

·
Livn' On Bonus Years
155 Posts
To answer your ?

Break the bank, long winters sure are expensive for northerners I'd imagine.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Winter??? Well when we get there, I'll let ya know- hehehe :D

Right now...high's are in the upper 70's for the week...time to ride, not time for "winter mods" yet :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm thinkin' a True Trac stabalizer, D & D Fatcat, braided throttle cables, and as much chrome as I can squeeze from the budget. i'm also thinking the rear saddlebag rails gotta go.
I bought my bike a little over a year ago, spent the winter doing mods, It was extremely enjoyable taking my time and doing it myself. I'd like to buy another one just to spend the winter moding it.

·
Motorcycle Junkie
40 Posts
Wheels, rims, tires, rotors, upgrade to brembo's front and back. Hopefully Trickrods new gas tank.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Summer here in the southern hemisphere, so no major mods - just loads of riding - eat yer heart out!!!
Nah, just kidding. I lived in Calgary Canada for five years, and I know what its like in those cold snowing winters - but playing in the garage is awesomely satisfying in itself, but especially when you do finally get it out in the summer sun!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just finished my winter mods:

- headlight fairing painted to match
- Super sport front fender (made by FRANKLIN) painted to match
- Metzler rubbers (200 rear)
- HD 10-spoke wheels
- powdercoated parts: swingarm, wheels, brake and shift levers, rear pully, front pully cover, lower forks, triple trees
- CFR exhaust
- Race tuner
- dyno tuned (HP = 106, Torque = 76)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts