Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
King Frog
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Harley-Davidson® FLHRS/I - Road King® Custom Stock: 688098 | Myrtle Beach Harley-Davidson®

I know its a 2006. Pre hydro Cam tensioner/ 5 Speed.
Trade in Value is around $8500. I like it but I think its priced high. But I have been out of the market awhile.

I don;t so a lot of riding so I am not worried about putting a lot of miles on it. Just add a windshield and go. Love the non spoked wheels on this model.

IN a way I am hoping it sells before I have a chance to test ride it before it becomes and emotion decision.. Been waiting for the Indian and have the cash but this is one sexy bike. I like naked tourers.

·
Just Wastin Time
274 Posts
Low miles.... But its at a dealer... 06 is and 88cid and 5 speed.... for the same money you could easily find a newer bike with the bigger engine and 6 speed trans... I would keep looking... for a deal from a private owner like on Clist..

The wheels look like they are either chrome or polised street glide wheels... Nice but not that price to add since alot of people swap out street glide wheels..

·
King Frog
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Low miles.... But its at a dealer... 06 is and 88cid and 5 speed.... for the same money you could easily find a newer bike with the bigger engine and 6 speed trans... I would keep looking... for a deal from a private owner like on Clist..

The wheels look like they are either chrome or polised street glide wheels... Nice but not that price to add since alot of people swap out street glide wheels..
Thanks for you input/ The wheels seems to be stock on the FLHRS/I. One of the nits I have is spoked wheels Ever since my FXR left me on the side of the road in the desert due to a flat. I have been riding pluggable rubber ever since and have used them to limp to the a new tire. (Plus I am not a primper, I don't like detailing my bikes, especially with toothbrushes) When I do wash it I wash in the rain. The rain doesn't leave water spots LOL

@The Road:
I will give the emotional impulse and infatuation a couple weeks to cool off. If it is still there I will make an offer of $10,300 OTD. (sales tax is capped here at $300) Was offered $4500 for mine so very little out of pocket.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Did you ride it? The RK Custom is sort of an odd-duck. I came close to trading my Heritage for one, but backed out. I didn't care for it that much. t didn't feel like a RK at all to me.

It sits lower than a RK standard or RK Classic. It is almost like a cross between the Street Glide and the the RK. It has the badging, fittings, wheels and stature of the SG, but with the unique nacelle, leather bags and no fairing. Some of them came with a really small front windshield.

They didn't stay in production very long. I guess they weren't all that well received. I think 2006 may have been the last year for them.

As to your question, I'd think that 10 and a half is about where it will sell. It looks super clean. Certainly an excellent example of its kind.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,549 Posts
good luck with your decision, it is a good looking bike. Chasarms makes some great points

·
Registered
24 Posts
I like the 2001 to 2006, (88ci/5 speed)call me crazy, but all the Harley's I've own rode worse then my 2009 Ultra, but I never had the problems. I have buddies in the same boat, transmissions out, FBW out, charging issues, My starter just went out 1820.00. So I will take the bumps over this drain on my wallet! I think HD went cheap somewhere along the line or I and many others have a lemon!

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Road King Custom is a sweet bike, not a lot of them around.
My buddy has an 07 cvo never had one problem, great looking bike.

·
King Frog
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you ride it? The RK Custom is sort of an odd-duck. I came close to trading my Heritage for one, but backed out. I didn't care for it that much. t didn't feel like a RK at all to me.

It sits lower than a RK standard or RK Classic. It is almost like a cross between the Street Glide and the the RK. It has the badging, fittings, wheels and stature of the SG, but with the unique nacelle, leather bags and no fairing. Some of them came with a really small front windshield.

They didn't stay in production very long. I guess they weren't all that well received. I think 2006 may have been the last year for them.

As to your question, I'd think that 10 and a half is about where it will sell. It looks super clean. Certainly an excellent example of its kind.
Thanks. I understand the "half in half out" touring thing. I do not want a fairing on a bike which is what drew me to this (as well it looks like my Roadliner set up as well) I would put a shield on it though. Just don't want all the plastic and electronics, I am pretty short and light 5"8 153 so the lower seat is nice. But yeah I would definitely want to ride it first and compare it to what I have,

I love it from the "outside in" But I ride from the "inside out" which is why I would never own a Custom or Bobber LOL. I do worry about the cam Tensioners and bolted vs welded stators on the 2006s but from what I have read the 6 speed is not all that effective unless one is going long distances on the super slabs.

Another guy on this site just bought an 07. I think for around 10 with the same miles. Maybe 10 is high. Trade in is $8500 (KBB)

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Pricing is very regional. The dealer I traded my 2004 Heritage to sold it for $10,300 cash sale. I saw the BOS. I would think that bike was worth more.

Don't get too caught up on prices paid as they are quoted on this forum. Every one of us got the deal of the century! :)

I wouldn't worry about the tensioners. The issue was mostly sorted by 2004 or so. I have 37k on my 2005 EGC and they are barely worn at all. By 40-50k you're probably going in for tappets or something anyway. Might be ready for cams? anyway.

Stator is an easy fix if you have problems. Wouldn't expect them though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
King Frog
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pricing is very regional. The dealer I traded my 2004 Heritage to sold it for $10,300 cash sale. I saw the BOS. I would think that bike was worth more.

Don't get too caught up on prices paid as they are quoted on this forum. Every one of us got the deal of the century! :)

I wouldn't worry about the tensioners. The issue was mostly sorted by 2004 or so. I have 37k on my 2005 EGC and they are barely worn at all. By 40-50k you're probably going in for tappets or something anyway. Might be ready for cams? anyway.

Stator is an easy fix if you have problems. Wouldn't expect them though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
That's good to know. I have never kept a bike past 17K self induced miles lol. I get bored easily in a bike and even class. With the riding I do here, 4-5K a year would be tops and I would be ready to switch to something else in a few years. I don't get attached to things. Always looking for another experience. One of the reasons I am even considering Harley again is because I know I won't keep one long enough to have it tear up my wallet. I am not a wrencher. Oils changes Bolt ons..

There is a really good independent/used dealer and shop within a mile of the house. The mechanic was with a Harley dealership for 25 years, The owner just sold a Metric dealership. They worked on my Yamaharley. I don't think I would take it to the dealership for anything unless I had to. I don't much care for the vibe at today's Harley dealerships.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts