Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Electra Glide (I think maybe an Ultra) don't know my touring bikes too well...
2900 miles (sad I know)

Asking 7,500. My deaf is looking at it so I figured I would post up here and see what you guys think.

Its bone stock, no leaks, runs good too. Needs tires being an 04 and I would do a full fluid change on it as well as a massive detailing it is really dusty. Other than all of the dust it looks to be in really good shape.

Do the 04 TC have the can tensioner problems?? I forgot if they were fixed my then or not.

Thanks guys
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Indian Larry
8,952 Posts
Sounds like a good price!
I think they changed the cam system in 2007 but not sure.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
Sounds good to me too. If its got the 4 piston calipers have those cleaned as well, bet there's a ton of travel in the fronts from a couple of em hangin up... my .02

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
2004 Electra Glide (I think maybe an Ultra) don't know my touring bikes too well...
2900 miles (sad I know)

Asking 7,500. My deaf is looking at it so I figured I would post up here and see what you guys think.

Its bone stock, no leaks, runs good too. Needs tires being an 04 and I would do a full fluid change on it as well as a massive detailing it is really dusty. Other than all of the dust it looks to be in really good shape.

Do the 04 TC have the can tensioner problems?? I forgot if they were fixed my then or not.

Thanks guys
Definately an ultra classic. Says so on front fendet, and also the ultras have the rear speaker and 2 antenna, the electra glides classics only had one antenna for the radio not cb, and no rear speaker, and no lower fairing on front.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definately an ultra classic. Says so on front fendet, and also the ultras have the rear speaker and 2 antenna, the electra glides classics only had one antenna for the radio not cb, and no rear speaker, and no lower fairing on front.

Good to know. Like I said, don't know my touring models well at all. He showed us the cb headset now that you mention it.

Thanks for all of the info guys!

·
Registered
70 Posts
The dealer here [in canada] has an 05 ultra I dont know how many miles but i'm sure it's WAY MORE THAN 2900 [that bikes just broken in!] and they want 12,999.00 . Just a thought but why don't you offer the owner 6,500.00>7,000.00 to allow for tires and i personally would have a mechanic check it over 'cause it must have been sitting a looong time

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
IMO that's a great price. Yes, that is one of the bikes that have problems with cam chain tensioners, but that bike has about 25,000 miles to go before concern.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
That is a RIDICULOUS price. The seller could take it to a dealer and get probably $9K or a little more for it. It would be on any dealer for for $11K-13K depending on how they like to price.

If he lists it at that price, it won't last one day. I got high nines for my 2004 Heritage with 20K miles on it.

The tensioners are still the old style, but they were less of an issue by 2004.

If you don't want it, somebody on here might. I could buy it, pay $800 to have it shipped here and still make some decent money on it (or keep it! and sell my EGC)

·
GO AVS
890 Posts
great price, carb or fuel injected? Since it is a 2004 no worries with having a magneti marelli fuuel injector.

·
Poser Member # 99
17,556 Posts
Sounds like a good price for a 2004 even If you had to do tires battery a complete oil change and a little tinkering. My brother inlaw payed for a 2005 ultra limited all white with all the toys 15,000 miles last year 15,000.00

I'd start at 6000.00 or so you can always go up and depends how bad he has to get rid of it

Good luck lett us know if your the proud new owner

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Looks like it has some cosmetic issues here and there but overall sounds like a good deal.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,363 Posts
NADA lists that bike at low = $9586 to High = $12642. I had an '04 Ultra, and it ran every bit as good as my '11 does (albeit the bigger frame on the '11 makes a difference for the better, the '04 is a great ride). If it is otherwise in good running condition, go for it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That is a RIDICULOUS price. The seller could take it to a dealer and get probably $9K or a little more for it. It would be on any dealer for for $11K-13K depending on how they like to price.

If he lists it at that price, it won't last one day. I got high nines for my 2004 Heritage with 20K miles on it.

The tensioners are still the old style, but they were less of an issue by 2004.

If you don't want it, somebody on here might. I could buy it, pay $800 to have it shipped here and still make some decent money on it (or keep it! and sell my EGC)
Hmm so your est. value isn't too far off of canadian $ just curious ...what does a new EGUC retail for in the states I just payed 24,000.00 for one in viv. black. I just assumed [being as we are used to getting raped up here] that US value would be lots lower on new and used bikes

·
Village Idiot
2,300 Posts
It looks to be an UC, probably is, just look at the handlebars and see if it has the radio controls on each side. Everything else can be added to a Classic to make it look like one (also, I think the CB came only on the UC, hence the two antennas on the tour pack). It is the exact same color as my '01, I really like that color mine has MM FI, which has given me no problems. The lack of milage is a damn shame, but the UC is a great bike. It will still have the 5 speed in it (i constantly look for a 6th gear on the highway). Is it missing the seat?

I thought about trading my '01 in on a newer model and got a trade in offer of $4,000 from the local dealer but it had 101,000 miles on it at the time. I decided to do an overhaul instead and am perfectly happy.

I did look at a new UC the other day in Georgia and it was $22,000 US at the dealer so it doesn't seem that the price is that far off of the US.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Last I looked, MSRP for a '13 Ultra was $21.8. That's before tax's and all the ridiculous charges the dealer tacks on.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
i picked up an '05 rg in '09 with 3,000 miles on the clock. i paid 12,000 & couldn't wait to pay em. he was askin 15,000.he paid 23,000 out the door. jump on it:blahblah:

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I shall relay this information quickly to my father! Hopefully I can get him to snap on it. If I had the doe I would buy it myself believe me. Hell, ill even clean it up for em for resale for profit if he wanted cause I'm awesome like that!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts