Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Newbie Harley Owner
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a previously owned Tri Glide as I cannot afford the payments on a new one. I am looking at 2009-2013, probably a 2012.....Any differences I should be aware of between the years? I know that 2013 has liquid cooled cams, and there were problems with that???.....if you had it to do over, what year would you shoot for? I am trading in a 2009 Streetglide, and used to own a 2002 Goldwing trike with a DFT kit, so I am used to trikes. Thanks in advance!
:sweetie

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am in the market for a previously owned Tri Glide as I cannot afford the payments on a new one. I am looking at 2009-2013, probably a 2012.....Any differences I should be aware of between the years? I know that 2013 has liquid cooled cams, and there were problems with that???.....if you had it to do over, what year would you shoot for? I am trading in a 2009 Streetglide, and used to own a 2002 Goldwing trike with a DFT kit, so I am used to trikes. Thanks in advance!
:sweetie
Best advice I can give you is to maybe talk to one of the mechanics, or service manager, at the local dealer or independant and ask about dependability of the years you mention.
Which one has the most
Differences between, etc.

I've been fortunate in the fact that I'm on real good terms with the local shop and the service manager is a Brother of mine.. His advice made all the difference in my selection of my `07 RK.

Hope this helps.

·
Newbie Harley Owner
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the advice but I would also like to hear from an owner of the trikes, as they will tell me how they like or dislike the ones that they have. Anyone actually own one that has an opinion?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a 2011 triglide, put 24k miles on it. I really liked it , installed vance and hinds header, master tune 2 , stage 1 ac, mufflers. when they came out with the 14 I liked all the upgrades it came with so I decided to trade. out of the box it ran just as cool, has more torque in 6 th gear, love the headlights, gps, blue tooth. I've put 19k miles on the 14 and am really happy I traded

·
Registered
10 Posts
Used Tri Glide

Just purchased a HD 2013 and it has the air cooled heads. I believe the liquid cooling system was offered on the 2014. Coming off a 1998 HD Motor Trike conversion and the 2013 rides so nice.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The big model updates came in 2014. Liquid cooled heads, updated fairing design, updated infotainment systems, etc. etc.
This naturally pushed down the values of the older trikes. Many who are looking at used TriGlides won't even look at models older than 2014.

This, of course, means there are some fantastic deals on the latter models of the old style; 2012 & 2013. These are great trikes with tons of standard equipment and features. Great deals and values to be had here.

·
David
897 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to this site as well as the trike world. I have looked at a lot of trikes in from various years. I find the 2016's to be getting up there in price, I have read that there isn't any difference between the 2014,15's and 16's. I have found a 2014 Tri glide with only 8,000 miles on it. It has all of the books, service documentation as well as a pretty good number of upgrades/accessories on it. The gentlemen that owed it unortunaty passed away. I was able to pick t up for $25,000. From the research I've done that seems to be a pretty fair price. Body, paint, tires, etc are all in super good shape. This guy really took great care of his ride. I am going to SC to pick it up on a trailer next week. Very excited to get it home I feel lucky to have found it.

Just curious are there other Tri glide owners here in Georgia.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts