Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Skinninit
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the years that touring model frames cross reference with each other? Example: I own a 2007 Street glide that recently was hit and totaled. I want to move all my items over from the 07 Street glide to another frame but wanted to know what frames would cross reference.
I appreciate anyone that can shed some light on this for me.:feedback:

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
1992-2008 RK, Ultra, Classic, Electra Glide. All the same frame. 2009, frame change.

But if totalled, aren't you collecting insurance $$$ and sending bike on way, or did you buy as salvage?

Will have to be titled as reconstructed.

·
Skinninit
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the bike back I had just added mini apes, big bore kit, 4 inch Rhinehardts, Bad Lander seat, 21 in Wheel, and a variety of other things. It did minor damage to cosmetics but bent the frame due to the angle it was hit.
I want to buy another frame add stretched bags, side covers, and a stretched tank. I can then move over the motor and all over to the new frame. I know it will not be that simple but I think I can come out cheaper by building it with a new frame rather then purchase a bike then swap everything over and buy the stretched items I want to add to it.

·
Retired citizen
24,277 Posts
Actually frame changes began in 2008 on the touring models. Front motor mounts moved outboard, engine stabilizer moved up to the front head, seat tab slot removed from the frame, among other changes introduced in '08.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You can buy a new frame from Harley with your serial number on it . You cut the neck off the old frame , that's where the vin is , and send it to Harley and they will sell you a replacement frame for your bike . They are very reasonably priced to, usually cheaper than an after market frame . Well, my brother and I did that several years ago, I guess Harley still does that . Check it out and let us know if they still do that .

·
Banned
47 Posts
You can buy a new frame from Harley with your serial number on it . You cut the neck off the old frame , that's where the vin is , and send it to Harley and they will sell you a replacement frame for your bike . They are very reasonably priced to, usually cheaper than an after market frame . Well, my brother and I did that several years ago, I guess Harley still does that . Check it out and let us know if they still do that .
Wow didn't think any manufacture would do anything like that. Most the time I understood if you toast a frame off any vehicle you'd have to buy a new or used frame that may never match VIN.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pretty sure what glider1 has posted still holds true about cutting off the neck. I have also seen them lazer engrave the frame under the right side side cover on baggers. If you hold a flashlight on that area and look from an angle you should see a greenish color date stamped there. It's a good way to check if your bagger was wrecked and had a new frame put under it. The VIN date won't match the frame date.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts

Last I heard, the MOCO still does this. Just go to your dealer with your VIN and they will get you a price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts