Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a slip on pipe for my 2013 Switchback...I had python pipes on my last dyna, I am looking for some noise here folks...any suggestions?

·
Screw it, let's ride
290 Posts
Well my fellow Western WA brethren, if I could offer some advice on what not to get, don't bother with the Screamin' Eagles. Mine sound alright, but not loud enough. Performance with them is so so as well. I'm probably gonna go with the Vance & Hines slip ons.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
If you want LOUD & I mean LOUD !
Try a set of beautiful chrome Cycle Shack slip-ons . Got mine on AMAZON.com for under $200.00 and they come with removable baffles if ya think they ain't loud enough fer ya !
Really nice sound though , real deep with no popping or back fire .

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
If you want LOUD & I mean LOUD !
Try a set of beautiful chrome Cycle Shack slip-ons . Got mine on AMAZON.com for under $200.00 and they come with removable baffles if ya think they ain't loud enough fer ya !
Really nice sound though , real deep with no popping or back fire .

Those are the best two parts!!!
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
I've been very happy with the Rush Slip-Ons I have on my FXDC.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I am not even sure who is making one for the SB. With it being an odd-ball factory 2-1, there probably aren't as many out there.

There was a SB at one of the local dealers recently that they had installed the V&H true dual system on. It had a muffler under each bag like a bagger. I thought it really improved the stance of the bike, but I also know it is a heck of a lot more money and labor than a slip on.

·
Registered
156 Posts
They all sound different, so think about what you want, & hear some if you can. I like a nice low rumble, that gets louder with a twist of the throttle. I went with cobras. I had used a few of thier products back on my metrics and loved them - American made, lifetime warrenty, great prices. Rush is pretty similar. If you want to turn neads nothing beats the higher pitched V & H's or Rineharts, just not for me, IMO.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts