Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really enjoy my 2014 Dyna Low Rider and have added stuff to it to get my liking. I have the forward controls and have trouble reaching around the air cleaner and putting my foot on the brake. So, I added the Kuryakyn Clam Shell brake extension pad. That works wonders. I love it. It is so much bigger. I had to measure and drill a hole and put a bolt with nylon nut to through it and the original brake lever to as to assure myself it would not slip off or move. But, once clamped it isn't noticeable. I also swapped out the shift lever from a Street Glide because it was 2 inches shorter and I could put my foot under it better. Now, I've ordered the heal rests for the rider foot controls and matching shift pegs for the heal rests.

But, what should or can I do to make the bike a little bit quicker from a dead stop. It seems sluggish to compared to my Sportster 1200 Custom I traded in. The bike just doesn't rev like I think it should when I'm taking off from a stop sign or Green Light. Once I get going the power is there and I love its smoothness.

·
Be alive!
131 Posts
Change exhaust system, air cleaner and ECM. FXDL has mid pegs controls and if you would mount some highway pegs than you would have all :) For me all works fine ;)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Change exhaust system, air cleaner and ECM. FXDL has mid pegs controls and if you would mount some highway pegs than you would have all :) For me all works fine ;)
I have the forward controls with heel rests and was thinking of adding mid control foot pegs without the brake and shift levers.

·
Registered
419 Posts
If your engine is still stock, I would start with the air cleaner, pipes,
and tune the ECU with a tuner. That alone will wake up that 103
engine, noticeably.

I picked up a 2013 Fat Boy last month and added the Arlen Ness
Big Sucker air cleaner and the V&H FP3 tuner. That alone really
woke up that engine, it really surprised me how much better it runs.
It's smoother and revs easier and faster.

I was surprised how well the engine has responded. I've done this
before on other bikes but this one really responded well to the high
flow air cleaner and tune. I'm now trying to decide on pipes, for
even more performance.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If your engine is still stock, I would start with the air cleaner, pipes,
and tune the ECU with a tuner. That alone will wake up that 103
engine, noticeably.

I picked up a 2013 Fat Boy last month and added the Arlen Ness
Big Sucker air cleaner and the V&H FP3 tuner. That alone really
woke up that engine, it really surprised me how much better it runs.
It's smoother and revs easier and faster.

I was surprised how well the engine has responded. I've done this
before on other bikes but this one really responded well to the high
flow air cleaner and tune. I'm now trying to decide on pipes, for
even more performance.

Good Luck!
Did you do the tuner adjustments your self? I guess it would come with instructions. Did you gain or lose fuel mileage? I've never messed with a bike's stock tune. Just added V&H pipes to my sportster when I first got it. But this bike is still stock.

·
Be alive!
131 Posts
I have the forward controls with heel rests and was thinking of adding mid control foot pegs without the brake and shift levers.
XL Can works but be careful because when fast reaction is needed and you are on mid pegs with out anything to react (break with shift down or breaks).

On highways I also use rear fotpegs to strech a litlle bit on long distance trips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts