Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 342 Posts

·
Frozen Member
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know theres the "Man in the High Castle" thread but I couldnt find one on recommended TV shows overall. I just got done watching Sneaky Pete season 1 on Amazon, cant wait for season 2! I really enjoyed it and not just because its my namesake. Kinda reminded me of a cross between Rounders and Oceans 11 with a Hellofa build up to the season finale.

When I was looking season 2 up I saw a recommendation for Justified but cant get it to play for some reason.

If you like SyFi I also recently watched Defiance on Amazon, it was better than most for SyFi.

Put your suggestions for good stuff to watch here if you got em. Looks like I have some azz time in the recliner comin and need something to do besides read.

·
Registered
37,656 Posts
Subscribing, I'll even take network TV recommendations (via Hulu).

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I watched the first season of "Banshee" on Amazon recently, excellent!
also just finished the first season of "Fortitude," great!
A few others between Amazon and Netflix:
Dexter
Z Nation
Orphan Black

Also Luther and Sherlock if you can find them from the BBC.

·
Southern Redneck
1,094 Posts
i'd like to help with this but we don't have cable, satellite, or antenna tv. I have pretty decent satellite internet. All our tvs have hdmi ports on them and a firestick plugged in running kodi. With that setup we pretty much watch anything we want movies or tv series. All our tvs are atleast high def. The one in the living room I bought my wife for Christmas is a 60 inch 4k and it works just fine with that setup. All the firesticks are geeting access to the internet through my wifi router. Here are a couple of links to give you an idea. I bought the firesticks at Best Buy for aound $39 each. It takes about 15 minutes or so to set one up. Alot of vids on YouTube that can walk you through the process.

https://kodi.tv

https://kodiapps.com/how-to-install-boom-shakalaka-build-on-kodi-17-krypton

·
Super Moderator
4,145 Posts
+1 for Dexter and +1 for Kodi!

I just have my laptop in my living room running Kodi and it gets everything from new movies, TV series and even heard there is a sports streaming plug in. I use the Exodus app for Kodi myself. I have yet to search for something that is not on there.

Also a fan of the Gotham series, Bones, and probably Vikings as my favorite.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
i'd like to help with this but we don't have cable, satellite, or antenna tv. I have pretty decent satellite internet. All our tvs have hdmi ports on them and a firestick plugged in running kodi. With that setup we pretty much watch anything we want movies or tv series. All our tvs are atleast high def. The one in the living room I bought my wife for Christmas is a 60 inch 4k and it works just fine with that setup. All the firesticks are geeting access to the internet through my wifi router. Here are a couple of links to give you an idea. I bought the firesticks at Best Buy for aound $39 each. It takes about 15 minutes or so to set one up. Alot of vids on YouTube that can walk you through the process.

We are using Firestick with Kodi too. Most movies are good, some are poor quality. The Sopranos was f'd up - out of order starting around season 4.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Longmire and The Ranch on net flicks,

Hand of God on Amazon, and as mentioned Man in the high castle.

·
Southern Redneck
1,094 Posts
We are using Firestick with Kodi too. Most movies are good, some are poor quality. The Sopranos was f'd up - out of order starting around season 4.
Not sure what build you are using. We are using the Boom Shakalaka build. For the most part we use Exodus and Zen when Exodus feeds are botching things. I have gone into both add ons and tweaked the configurations to eliminate the amount of time they search, and to eliminate bad providers. I also have the copchta turned off.

We have had a few series get out of order. Getting rid of bad provides helped. The buld w ae using now cleans the cash and removes junk files when you open kodi. That is a big plus. Keeps stuff from buffering and dying mid stream.

·
Southern Redneck
1,094 Posts
Longmire and The Ranch on net flicks,

Hand of God on Amazon, and as mentioned Man in the high castle.
Sat on a drillout one night and watched all of the first season of The Ranch. Can't watch anything on this location. I'm having to use my company hotspot to play online. My cell has spotty service. The las time I used the company hotspot for watching tv I used 23gb in a month and got a nasty gram. The hot spots have a 4gb limit on them.

Might want t have a look at this link. It explains the issue you are having and gives a few things you can do to work around the issue.

http://http://koditips.com/kodi-wrong-episode-playing-fix-exodus

·
Frozen Member
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Streaming is really what I was asking about Barry. At Kainams advice a few months ago I bought a Nividia Shield, which I think is an android device that already uses Kodi. I dont know anything about that side of it. I just know this thing is slick & easy to use. I like the headphone jack on the controller too, its great when my wife is watching her shows in the next room.

What I'm asking for are good recommendations for original series in particular, and on what provider. I dont care much for network TV, although I know you can stream it too. I mainly watch stuff on Amazon or Netflix. I also have a subscription to Hulu but dont use it much so far. I tried SlingTV but their package cost was ridiculous.

One more series my wife got me watching was Outlander. I didnt think I would but I got into that one. And I'm a Walking Dead lover too but I have to watch that on Dish Network cause I dont want to wait months for the new seasons to come onto streaming.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
We have amazon, netflix and directv. I only watch directv for news & football. I mostly watch documentaries on amazon & netflix. Netflix has several great docs on musicians. I've watched docs about the eagles, rolling stones, journey, the grateful dead, rush and many others. I watched every episode of colombo and rockford files. NO network tv! Eff em

·
Registered
59 Posts
WestWorld with Anthony Hoppkins, season one was good and I see there is a season 2 coming.

Also, for you guys using kodi, I am getting good sucess with the add on speckto fork.

Bruce

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Not sure what build you are using. We are using the Boom Shakalaka build. For the most part we use Exodus and Zen when Exodus feeds are botching things. I have gone into both add ons and tweaked the configurations to eliminate the amount of time they search, and to eliminate bad providers. I also have the copchta turned off.

We have had a few series get out of order. Getting rid of bad provides helped. The buld w ae using now cleans the cash and removes junk files when you open kodi. That is a big plus. Keeps stuff from buffering and dying mid stream.
Which build are you using now? BTW I use Exodus a lot - it's my first choice and usually gets me what I want.

1 - 20 of 342 Posts