Harley Davidson Forums banner

281 - 300 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I was looking for something to watch on Netflix the other night and noticed the original Star Trek series was there, including the unaired first pilot so I decided to check them out. The pilot was a bit hokey and wooden, like a 50s syfy film but the one with Kirk seemed to be a bit more polished, even the sets and props. They had remastered them all a few years ago for BluRay and these must be what they are showing. My 4K TV probably up scaled them too because the images are amazing, details and quality I don't ever remember seeing. I may watch them all again to revisit my youth.

OK, evidently when they remastered them a few years ago they redid a lot of the effect and imagery with CGI. I don't particularly have a problem with that though.

·
Super Moderator
12,570 Posts
I started watching Grimm on Amazon. Up to episode 8. I like it. Not earth changing, but decent entertainment. Has a bit of "Nightstalker" (which I loved as a kid) to it.

·
Proud Infidel
2,598 Posts
I started watching Grimm on Amazon. Up to episode 8. I like it. Not earth changing, but decent entertainment. Has a bit of "Nightstalker" (which I loved as a kid) to it.
Wife likes it.

To me it's OK.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,570 Posts
Anyone else watching Letterkenny for the 4th time through on Hulu? I can't stop watching it. each time I do, I catch the jokes I missed the last time because I was laughing so hard.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I've been watching the 2nd season of the National Geographic show "Mars," on Netflix (so I'm behind). Its a pseudo drama/documentary type thing set in 2033 (and later) about landing on and terra forming Mars. The drama is interspersed with contemporary talking heads giving examples of contemporary problems here that would be like what they face in the story there. Its only got about 6 one hour long episodes per season and I watched the first season when it came out on Netflix last year. This year I'm seeing it in 4k and its amazing.

·
Super Moderator
12,570 Posts
I binged Jack Ryan Season 2 on Amazon in one weekend. I loved it. I read all Clancy's books and I think they are doing a good job of modernizing it without killing the plot.

Things I didn't like? Greer is a Muslim???? Seriously, why? Greer is dying of heart disease, not cancer. Again, why?? Kathy (Jack's wife) is not an eye surgeon, but an infectious disease doc and is totally absent in season 2. And Epstein didn't kill himself.

Looking forward to Season 3. Krasinski (spelling?) is doing a pretty good job of portraying Ryan. Still a little hard not to see him as Jim from the Office.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
I agree Bob on both.
Ryan is good but somethings are confusing.
We started watching Man in the high Castle again.
I think the New season starts this weekend.
Both good programming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Wayward Son
23,075 Posts
....Kathy (Jack's wife) is not an eye surgeon, but an infectious disease doc.....
FWIW In the book(s) it is his mom that is the eye surgeon.
Coincidentally. Am just now reading the last in the Jack Ryan Jr./Campus series.

Watched some of season one. None of two yet.
Downloaded all of one. Will wait and do the same with two.
Then probably binge watch some cold and nasty day.

·
Registered
37,195 Posts
The guy that wrote that book is the same guy that wrote Blade Runner. One of my favorite all time movies. :nod

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
The guy that wrote that book is the same guy that wrote Blade Runner. One of my favorite all time movies. :nod
Blade Runner was based on his book "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep." I didn't know though he wrote the Man in the High Castle. Apparently it came out in '62. I've seen the first 2 seasons but haven't yet started the third. The 4th and final I see advertised a lot. I might try catching up on that next since I finished "Mars" last night.

281 - 300 of 332 Posts