Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys getting ready to build or buy a lift / table. Changed my oil last night and it wasn't pretty. I could by a cheap table for 300.00 with a 1000 lbs. rating. I'm not a professional, so for as much as I'm going to use it, it may be worth just buying one. So what's my bike weigh? Anyone know...

·
Registered
11,057 Posts
The Sears (the YELLOW one) motorcycle/RV lift/jack does a good job. 1500 lb. capacity. Can find at Sears store or Sears online--price varies $169-$199 depending on whether it is on sale or not. I found mine online cheaper but asked the manager of a Sears store if he could match it and get the sale and he did.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
The Sears (the YELLOW one) motorcycle/RV lift/jack does a good job. 1500 lb. capacity. Can find at Sears store or Sears online--price varies $169-$199 depending on whether it is on sale or not. I found mine online cheaper but asked the manager of a Sears store if he could match it and get the sale and he did.

Yup. I have the red craftsman that does a nice job on my road king (heavier), too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Harbor freight and sears carry good jacks. Harbor has the yellow where sears is red, harbor freight has a raw aluminum. You can get the Harbor freight for less money if you use a 20% coupon.
I have both, yellow HF and red sears. They work about the same. I like there red jack a little better because of you can ease the bike down easier.

I change my oil with the bike on the floor. I use the opposite side of the jiffy stand-right side.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,197 Posts
None of these guys have a Dyna, according to their profiles, your Dyna has a frame protrusion that their big bikes don't have,

a kind of downward dorsal fin that makes using a jack awkward, if you don't need to take off the wheels,

you don't really need that kind of jack. Consider a simpler one like this first.

be aware if you lift by the bottom of the engine or tranny you can break something, that's why the "fin" is there

this stand is safer but you still need to watch what you lift on.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,057 Posts
Harbor freight and sears carry good jacks. Harbor has the yellow where sears is red, harbor freight has a raw aluminum. You can get the Harbor freight for less money if you use a 20% coupon.
I have both, yellow HF and red sears. They work about the same. I like there red jack a little better because of you can ease the bike down easier.

I change my oil with the bike on the floor. I use the opposite side of the jiffy stand-right side.
Sears has two different jacks--one is red & one is yellow. The yellow Sears jack cost more than their red one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts