Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 heritage , and wanted to maybe go up to a 180? Now can I use the stock swing arm " which has a 150 tire on it right now." I know I have to change the fender, and maybe the struts, and seat but anything else??? with out buying a pricey wide tire kit? Thank you very much for your time Aloha , Rockabilly one

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome from New Hampshire. I had an 06 Heritage and if I'm not mistaken the biggest I could get was a 160, without the wide tire kit.

·
Wayward Son
23,317 Posts
160 sounds right.
But an often overlooked clearance item when going with even just the 160 is the belt guard.
Some 160`s brands may clear it, others will not.
Went with a 160 Avon on my 99 FXST. No changes, fender, swingarm, ect. were needed. But was told the guard may be a problem.
Have not put the new wheel and tire on T~S yet so can not say if it is a problem or not. May not apply toy your 07 Heritage but a softail is a softail as far as the back end goes.
Not a lot has changed since their introduction.

·
Retired citizen
23,374 Posts
That's 30mm wider total but only 15mm wider per side. Measure from the outermost edge of your tire to the inner fender lip to see if the extra 15mm will interfere. Also measure to the belt guard.

·
Registered
803 Posts
160 sounds right.
But an often overlooked clearance item when going with even just the 160 is the belt guard.
Some 160`s brands may clear it, others will not.
Went with a 160 Avon on my 99 FXST. No changes, fender, swingarm, ect. were needed. But was told the guard may be a problem.
Have not put the new wheel and tire on T~S yet so can not say if it is a problem or not. May not apply toy your 07 Heritage but a softail is a softail as far as the back end goes.
Not a lot has changed since their introduction.
The 07 may be able to handle a little wider tire then the 06. The drive belt was made narrower in 07, 1" instead of 1 1/8" on the 06.

·
Wayward Son
23,317 Posts
The 07 may be able to handle a little wider tire then the 06. The drive belt was made narrower in 07, 1" instead of 1 1/8" on the 06.
Good point.
What is factory size on the 07.
Thought the reason for the narrower belt is because they went wider with the OEM rear.
Trying to keep up a little with the fat tire fad,

·
Registered
803 Posts
I think the 06 and 07 softail heritage have the same size from the factory 150/80, but the softail fatboy in 07 had a 200mm tire so there must be some difference with the 07 softails .

·
Wayward Son
23,317 Posts
Thinking they only went narrower pulley and belt.
Do not believe they altered the width of the swingarm.
Very possibly wrong. I was once before. :laugh

·
2,327 Posts
The 07 Fatboy had 200X17's. I had 160 Metzellers on my 06 Heritage without any issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts