Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I never owned a softail until my current 18 Heritage 114. Rides beautifully two up and can change so easily. Remove the bags and windshield and you have a deluxe, keep one or the other and you have a touring machine. Very versatile and the new black on black looks great IMO.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you had to guess, what would you say is the most popular softail model? I mean generally today, not "of all time".

Not counting any special version or anything like that (like, Heritage Springer vs Heritage standard, or Softail Standard vs Softail Custom where it is still basically the same lines). Maybe also not counting lines that didn't get much production.

My guess is the Heritage. Seems like everyone I run across on a [non-touring] softail is on a Heritage. Probably second might be Fatboy.

Not sure what my guess for least common softail would be.
Heritage is pretty good for touring. IMHO.

·
American
26,000 Posts
Deluxe popularity seems stronger since they ruined the Heritage.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought a 2003 anniversary deuce, black. Loved it and still have it. The rake was a little bit more than the night train, which I bought later. Damm bumps in the road you could really feel them on the deuce, I think because of the rake. I installed some drop in progressives and they were no help. I think its probably the least favorite.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
I bought a 2003 anniversary deuce, black. Loved it and still have it. The rake was a little bit more than the night train, which I bought later. Damm bumps in the road you could really feel them on the deuce, I think because of the rake. I installed some drop in progressives and they were no help. I think its probably the least favorite.
I like styling tank blends in more with frame.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can add the blackline to the least common list. I recently bought a used 2012 with the 103 completely stock with 15k miles on it never seen anyone else with this bike in the VA Beach area.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts