Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to start my bike after riding about 1/2 hour, and I get NOTHING from the starter button. Like I don't even have the key on. Bike was running fine, then this. I have lights and battery cables are nice and tight. I'm getting fault code B2121. What does this mean? Solution? Thanks!

·
Banned
71 Posts
Went to start my bike after riding about 1/2 hour, and I get NOTHING from the starter button. Like I don't even have the key on. Bike was running fine, then this. I have lights and battery cables are nice and tight. I'm getting fault code B2121. What does this mean? Solution? Thanks!
B2121 Starter Output Open/BCM Malfunction

·
Registered
38,133 Posts
Check for blown ignition system fuse.

I had a wire with pinched insulation inside the right switch housing, causing that fuse to blow.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the bike is still under warranty, so the dealership has it now. Wonder how long before they figure it out?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, with my bike, the dealer had it for over three weeks..........replaced battery.....next day same thing....replaced ignition switch....two days later......same thing....replaced starter....that worked for about 3 days......they could not figure out the problem....finally , I guess they got tired of coming to get the bike from wherever it left me stranded and trailering it back to the dealers,, and they just replaced the ENTIRE starting system, everything from switches to fuses.....that solved the problem, but dealer still has no idea what it was. Luckily it was all done under warranty. I've since traded the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts