Harley Davidson Forums banner

201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ride my bike,in the rain I ride my bike. When it's cold, I ride my bike. When it's hot, I ride my bike. When it's foggy, I ride my bike. Going to work, I ride my bike. Going to friends, I ride my bike. Need I say more. Why waste $200 for chomed part's that will be Rusty in 18 months. Why waste 20 hrs making it shine? When I can be out there RIDING MY BIKE!! Any questions?

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow that’s a lot of hate for one thread. Most of the world sees Harley riders as posers. We are all individuals that look the same. Stupid worthless halfhelmets and assless chaps. Pirates is more like it. Bikes that shake rattle and scrape around corners. Everyone has a style they like. What one person likes there type of bike, another does not. We are all brothers in two wheels. I ride everything. I also have a beautiful Ducati and a scooter in the garage. Who cares what you ride, just ride. I actually like the rat rod/ rat bike look on a Harley. I have a ratted road king that I cannot take the credit for. I sure do like her though. Am I hardcore? I am full of metal from my love affair with motorcycles. I still ride even though motorcycles have killed me. I am lucky to be alive. Still I am not hardcore. I just love riding just like my brothers and sisters on this site. Stop the hate, we all have our biases and what we look for in a bike. Personally when I see a ratted Ducati that pisses me off. Harley or Triumph nah not so much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
To each his own I suppose but I don't get it either. I put this in the same category as the "retro" guitar fad that became popular several years back. People would buy a brand new Fender Strat and then scuff it all up so it looked "retro" or, worse yet, Fender actually started producing guitars that came from the factory looking like they'd been on the road and abused for years when in fact if was brand new. If your guitar gets all beat up looking from years of being played (Willie Nelson's "Trigger") that's cool. Otherwise, why not try to keep your instrument looking nice as long as you can. Real rat bikes are cool because they represent the efforts of a rider with limited resources (aka poor) being able to put a bike together and get in the wind without having to mortgage his soul to the MoCo. Me, I paid big bucks for my Harley and I want to keep it pristine for as long as I possibly can while still riding it every day. But that's just me. Again, to each his own.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
I see a ratted Ducati that pisses me off. Harley or Triumph nah not so much
When I see a ratted Triumph it pisses me off. A Ducati not so much.

201 - 211 of 211 Posts