Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are we/they considered modern day pirates or something? Is that something inherited from 1%ers and now attributed to the whole MC culture? I ask only because I noticed a FB post for a group called Biker Nation that was advertising t-shirts with "bikers's prayer." I found the religion/spiritualism (Lord) and skull in the image almost conflicted since historically in western culture at least it is associated with death.

I should note that most of the replies and comments to the FB post included an "Amen."

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Just like tattoos, dew rags and gloves with no fingers; some people think it turns them into instant 'tough guys'.

It's a fasion statement, identifying them with a certain subculture.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,331 Posts
I like the T shirt. I liked Ghost Rider too.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Skulls are cool.

Hello Kitty is not.

I've made my choice.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I have a zero skulls policy on anything Harley. (well, anything really) No skulls, ever period.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I am all about some skulls. I can't really pull the look off. But a bike with skulls as a theme is cool with me. As far as what they really represent, I have no idea.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I will speak for myself.

That skull, those flames, gloves without fingers, middle finger high, whatever image you may commonly see, represents my philosophical PRIMARY.

FREEDOM

Freedom to live. The freedom to drive 80 and be reckless as well the freedom to be careful. The freedom to go down in flames instead of 'going quietly into that good night'. Freedom to claim my place on this earth...and in this one life as MINE. Freedom to love. Freedom to dislike intensely. The freedom to die my way if the choice is presented to me. The freedom to own myself and demand that no other man has a claim on me. Freedom to bash the skull and light afire anything that challenges my right to exist. The freedom to feel the wind in my hair when I choose to feel it. The freedom to experience life in my way.

The kind of unconditional freedom that is very rare these days.

As an aside EVERY person has a philosophy. You live and die by it. The problem is that 99.9% of the schmucks walking this planet have no idea they have one, or what it is for that matter.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There has to be some type of association with Motorcycling, HD even got in on marketing the concept with their Willy G thing. When did that begin?

·
Former Lurker
2,928 Posts
I have a zero skulls policy on anything Harley. (well, anything really) No skulls, ever period.
I run the same.
The wife and I have always had "No skulls policy," on the bike and riding gear.
Don't need the spectre of "Death" any closer to our bike riding than the nearest cager...

Not averse to anyone else liking them..

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I've always liked them even before I started riding. I don't have any on my bike, but I do have some skull tattoos and shirts with them. With some I'm sure it's an image thing like 'cowboys' and big belt buckles. To each their own. :)

·
Wayward Son
23,320 Posts
As an aside EVERY person has a philosophy. You live and die by it. The problem is that 99.9% of the schmucks walking this planet have no idea they have one, or what it is for that matter.
Pretty much agree. Except your math is off just a little. It would be 99%.
You forget the 1% not 00.1%

Let the :spank: begin. Do`t really care.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Well ...I like skulls on my scooter.I have to 'pace' myself [not over do it] so I try to do only Willy G type silver skulls on a black back ground. :)
Hey......Ronnie........I really like your scoot !
Colt.45

1 - 20 of 77 Posts