Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is summed up in a conversation between an old biker and a cager in a bar.

Cager: So - you're one of these Live to Ride, Ride to Live guys, then ?

Biker: No - I don't Live to Ride. Though I do Ride to Live.

Cager: So - do you aim to achieve that through the mystical perfect harmony of man and machine as one on the open road ?

Biker: No - I aim to achieve it through not dying :D

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
I think that summed it up just fine :D

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts
"So...are you one of those Ride to Live guys?"

My response to that: Mind your your own f*cking business and don't worry about why, or what I ride.

I'm not a real "people person" in that respect. Those that ride understand. Those that don't aren't exactly on my list of people to explain things to.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,504 Posts
It's an old story, but if I had some of that conversation I'd wish it could go this well...

So, you're one of those guys who tries to look like a motorcycle bum on the weekend?

I said, "No, I'm one of those guys who tries to look like an engineer during the week."

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts
I ride my scoot for the same reason a dog hangs his head out the window of a moving car,because I can.

Apparently......dogs do a lot of things, because they "can"........:D

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"So...are you one of those Ride to Live guys?"

My response to that: Mind your your own f*cking business and don't worry about why, or what I ride.
For there are three estates of man.

That which he has - which dies with him

That which he does - which lives on in the stories men tell about him

And that which he is, which is eternal.

I'm not a real "people person" in that respect. Those that ride understand. Those that don't aren't exactly on my list of people to explain things to.
Sensitive fukker, ain't you :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts
Sensitive fukker, ain't you :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Nope, Pete...... However, the more people I meet these days, the more I like my dog... :D

It's funny how I can meet total strangers on a forum, and have a common bond. Generally, we all chat and have an instant respect for one another, and have no problems helping one another out. Total strangers.....

If only dealing with the public were the same way. :bat

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope, Pete...... However, the more people I meet these days, the more I like my dog... :D

It's funny how I can meet total strangers on a forum, and have a common bond. Generally, we all chat and have an instant respect for one another, and have no problems helping one another out. Total strangers.....

If only dealing with the public were the same way. :bat
Coming up on 60 this year, and having been gregarious all my life, I'm now finding the same thing. Could be just habit-forming, as the last ten years I've been on my own all day till the wife gets home in the evening. Just got out of the habit of having people around I guess. Maybe makes me a little cranky sometimes. I guess tolerance has to be kept in practice :coffee

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts
Coming up on 60 this year, and having been gregarious all my life, I'm now finding the same thing. Could be just habit-forming, as the last ten years I've been on my own all day till the wife gets home in the evening. Just got out of the habit of having people around I guess. Maybe makes me a little cranky sometimes. I guess tolerance has to be kept in practice :coffee
My problem is that opposite. I've worked with the public since 1988, and have slowly lost my faith in human nature, or at least the desire to be around it. :p

I have few friends, but the ones I have a dear to me. I live in an isolated circle and prefer it that way.

Getting older has a lot to do with it Pete. I'm only 45, but I've found that the older I get, I learn to live with less, and make due more with what I already have. The people that I spend my time with, or allow in my life is a short list. I find simplicity more welcome in my life. :D

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts