Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your opinion on colored led lights that people add to their bikes? I think it looks cool but kinda seems gay at the same time.

Attachments

·
Try'n to behave
5,861 Posts
I think they look cool on a show bike, lame on a bike you actually ride.
+2

Plus, not legal around here...at least while your actually riding. Anyone who has them can only turn them on while parked.

·
Poser Member # 99
17,549 Posts
Agree I don't think there legal here while riding . I on the fence on a daily driver. I don't ride my bike at night as a rule to many damn Deer around our area to dodge

·
Registered
379 Posts
What's your opinion on colored led lights that people add to their bikes? I think it looks cool but kinda seems gay at the same time.
I would use the word gay...

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
I had the boogie lights fire works kit on my 2010 ultra. Ran them at night in green, yellow, white, or purple, never had a cop pull me over. I may put them.on my new bike but not sure. Its your bike. Do what you want and the heck with everyone else.

·
Registered
145 Posts
sinse i put a lithium battery in mine i think i want to DO some LED'S BUT I just want to show off all the chrome covers i put on the motor only. Any inputs.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
IMO, LED's are great for:Head lamps, driving lamps, signal lights and stop (brake) lights.

As for those glow sticks, under the tank or ground effect lights...NO FREAKING WAY!

·
Super Moderator
4,288 Posts
From my inner liberal, it is important to express yourself in colorful ways and draw attention to yourself from as many angles as possible so everyone can admire you and your flamboyant colors.

So... uh... yeah. gay as hell

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
When I had my Heritage Softail it had wire wheels , I fitted a single green led device shop bought ,it was legal here in UK to both wheels at night looked pretty neat but I soon took them off after the novelty wore off .

·
American
26,707 Posts
Most over do it. I had em on a Softail I had.... came with on it. Never used them.

Reactions: English Triker

·
American
26,707 Posts
From my inner liberal, it is important to express yourself in colorful ways and draw attention to yourself from as many angles as possible so everyone can admire you and your flamboyant colors.

So... uh... yeah. gay as hell
Had no idea you were such a sensitive fellow! Lol

Reactions: English Triker

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sounds to me like you like them but seek approval from your internet peers, and in a way to deflect any potential backlash, you throw out the "gay" statement.

I think they look good on bikes that are sitting still, but distracting as heck on moving bikes. Not my thing, but I won't let someone else's opinion sway mine. If you want 'em, get 'em. Screw what anyone else says. Be your own.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts