Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Those shoe covers are for "clean/sterile environments. They are made of a type of paper and the first time you pivot a foot on the pavement when swinging a leg over your bike the sole will be in tatters. I wore them for years when working in semiconductor manufacturing. I don't wear my jordan air max supreme dunk ultimate kicks when riding anyhow.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Is it always raining where you ride??
IMHO: Boots that cover the ankle with sticky soles and low heels are mandatory gear for street riding. Cover them with a rubber or plastic when you need a rain suit.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Who said they were for rain? Maybe he wants to keep the mirror gloss finish on his boots and it gets screwed up from his shifter peg? I kid I used to work with always wore a wrist sweatband on his shoe to protect it. Of course, there's always a heel shifter right? But yeah, as stated already, do feed the troll......

·
Registered
1998 Harley Davidson FXDL low rider " Dynasor"
740 Posts
What's your opinion on shoe covers for bike riders? I think they are necessary for me, bcz I can see the benefits.
Do you ever wear shoe covers when riding your bike and suggest to me where to buy the best pair that suites a bike rider. I have done some research and found Shoe Covers - Johnsonmed but I am not sure about them. thank you
Those shoe covers are for "clean/sterile environments. They are made of a type of paper and the first time you pivot a foot on the pavement when swinging a leg over your bike the sole will be in tatters. I wore them for years when working in semiconductor manufacturing. I don't wear my jordan air max supreme dunk ultimate kicks when riding anyhow.
You can always tell I ride, look at top of my left speed laced high top work boot lol

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
We use "wing walkers" at work, cloth with a rubberized non-slip sole. They are to protect the aircraft, not your shoes. I also use them to protect the tyvek feet in the tyvek suit I have to wear in the spray booth.

Reactions: tommytailspin
1 - 20 of 39 Posts