Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I have my wheels steam-cleaned while they're on the bike? Or do I have to remove them from the bike and unmount the tires?

"Asking for a friend".

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
might add that if its steam then try to get low pressure, heat will melt stuff. paint ect low pressure is best. not too close.

·
Registered
76 Posts
2nd that on the S100.....It's never been more than a 5min per wheel job for me to clean the my spoked wheels. I use S100 and a soft, cone shaped brush I got from J&P Cycles and a hose.

Safe, simple and fool proof (so far anyway)

·
Señor Member
19,746 Posts
2nd that on the S100.....It's never been more than a 5min per wheel job for me to clean the my spoked wheels. I use S100 and a soft, cone shaped brush I got from J&P Cycles and a hose.

Safe, simple and fool proof (so far anyway)

You got a link to that cone shaped brush?

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
care full around spokes too . its possible to get water through spokes and into the rim area then rust starts on the inside . just thought about my front rim today . it had some rust starting to show when i changed front tire or is it tyre hahahahahahaha

·
245 Posts
S100 Wheel Cleaner is the best I've ever used. And the only S100 product I use.

**HINT**
I use it to clean all the chrome. Even the plated plastic some companies make. Wet with the hose, spray on in a mist, brush with a soft nylon brush (I have 4 different types) and rinse well. I haven't polished chrome in over 10 years.

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
I wouldn't put a steam cleaner or pressure washer ANYWHERE near my bike.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts

·
Señor Member
19,746 Posts
Hey Chief...my mistake it was from Autogeek...here it is

Speed Master Jr. Wheel Brush

Thanks, Party. I appreciate the follow up.

I'm concerned that my bleach white is starting to put a beating on my wheels. I'll keep using it for white walls and then rinse immediately. I think I want to try the S100 for the wheels since everyone digs it. Can I buy it in stores?

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts

I'm concerned that my bleach white is starting to put a beating on my wheels. I'll keep using it for white walls and then rinse immediately. I think I want to try the S100 for the wheels since everyone digs it. Can I buy it in stores?
My local Harley shop sells it

·
Registered
11,663 Posts

Couple of years ago I bought a new jug of Wesley's Bleche White--been using it for many, many years. But.... that chit left a cruddy brown residue on my tires. A call to the company confirmed what I had heard, they changed the damn formula to get in compliance with new regs or some chit like that. Liked to NEVER got that brown crud off but finally did using vinegar.

After finally trying S100 on my bike I used the S100 on my Tahoe tires & wheels. Did a fabulous job. And I like my black tires nice and black and without any of that dressing goop on them. Won't use anything except S100 on them now--but I don't have whitewalls so I don't know how it would do on them.

·
Señor Member
19,746 Posts
Couple of years ago I bought a new jug of Wesley's Bleche White--been using it for many, many years. But.... that chit left a cruddy brown residue on my tires. A call to the company confirmed what I had heard, they changed the damn formula to get in compliance with new regs or some chit like that. Liked to NEVER got that brown crud off but finally did using vinegar.

After finally trying S100 on my bike I used the S100 on my Tahoe tires & wheels. Did a fabulous job. And I like my black tires nice and black and without any of that dressing goop on them. Won't use anything except S100 on them now--but I don't have whitewalls so I don't know how it would do on them.

Good to know, Joe. I'd love to use one product for tires AND wheels. My hunch is if it makes your black nice and black, it'll probably clean up white too.

·
Señor Member
19,746 Posts
Did I miss who makes S100?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts