Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While up at Americade Bike Rally in Lake George N.Y. I also bought a Wheel dock center stand for my 2010 Electraglide. This thing is awesome, more room in garage, no need for jack or blocks when changing fluids and you can ride right off it. I love this and they put it on right there at the trade show, free installation.
IMAG0713.jpg

IMAG0715.jpg

IMAG0717.jpg

·
Registered
94 Posts
I love the "Night stand" set up, my dads first bike was a Kawasaki 454LTD and had the night stand on it! Soo much easyer to work on when i sits like that, compared to leaning on its side

·
Poser Member # 99
17,141 Posts
ya Most of the bike thru the 80's and into the 90's had the center stand . Most of the bikes I had in the past all had the center stand . Manufatures were able to save the engineering costs, tooling costs and labor costs in not having the center stand . now most peoplee would like the center stand again

·
Banned
482 Posts
Was one no the first thing I put on my bike. You do have to watch where you use it though. Any un-level surface is a NO NO.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Ya, I did the same thing at Lacoina through the vendor there. I ended up changing from the stock rear shocks and it dropped the bike down just enough to make the centerstand unstable.

I had a 1 inch tall, by 1 inch wide piece of steel to the 'feet' for 25$. Now it is more stable than the stock Wheeldock. I can rock it, and it doesn't go over.

But Cowboy was right, any uneven surface is a big deal. Got to be flat. Easy on, easy off...best accessory I ever got.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have one and all in all I like it - BUT I don't like that it lowers ground clearance even more. Be careful in turns as it will drag easily particularly when packing double, and it's not like dragging a floorboard - you will be dragging a 'hard' part.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have one and all in all I like it - BUT I don't like that it lowers ground clearance even more. Be careful in turns as it will drag easily particularly when packing double, and it's not like dragging a floorboard - you will be dragging a 'hard' part.
I was looking at the Harley center stand (91573-09A) It says in the book that this doesn't reduce lean angle, is the HD one a lot different than the Wheel Dock. Just wondering is the HD any good compared with the Wheel dock center stand? I could do with the extra room in the garage, so I thought it might be a good buy.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have one on my FLHX....People always look at it and say "I bet that is a real pain to get on that stand"...I just laugh, I'ts probably the easiest center stand I've ever used. The old ones strained me on a 450 pound motorcycle... I'm barely 5'7"...and I can put it on the center stand while sitting on the bike... off the bike, it almost rolls up just by it's self... Awesome Product.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just ordered one for the street glide, your garage looks about as wide as mine, with the glide on the side stand and the Husky leaning against the wall I cam only just squeeze through to get to the fridge, I am hoping this will open things up a bit.

I have only ever read good things and can not find anyone else saying it has decreased the lean angle, any street glide owners out there with experience I would be keen to hear.

Cheers

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
I was looking at the Harley center stand (91573-09A) It says in the book that this doesn't reduce lean angle, is the HD one a lot different than the Wheel Dock. Just wondering is the HD any good compared with the Wheel dock center stand? I could do with the extra room in the garage, so I thought it might be a good buy.
Forget about the HD center stand and go with the Wheel Dock Ez-Up... Trust me on that...

Or if you really, really want the HD, I will sell you mine!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think if your air pressure is good in your shocks you wouldnt drag anything. In fact when the guy installed it he made it a point to check the air pressure. The stand does not hang any lower then the jiffy stand. You barely notice its even on the bike. My exhaust hangs lower then the stand.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
How's the ground clearance in the corner.
Not an issue at all. The problem with the HD center stand is that it is a pita to put down. No way in heck to do it while sitting on the bike, and even if you are off the bike is a pita to do. There is just not enough leverage to make it easy.

The EZ-UP has a longer lever that makes it easier to find and put down while on the bike. The difference is sooooo ridiculous that it is not even funny. The only reason I have not ditch this stand is because I refuse to make another HD owner go through this....and I just can't throw away 300.00!!! So I bitch and complain and I try to make sure others do not make the same mistake that I made.

At some point I will have to bite the bullet, get rid of this POS and just fork the money again for an EZ-UP.... Friends don't let friends get the HD Center Stand....

·
Registered
623 Posts
I think if your air pressure is good in your shocks you wouldnt drag anything. In fact when the guy installed it he made it a point to check the air pressure. The stand does not hang any lower then the jiffy stand. You barely notice its even on the bike. My exhaust hangs lower then the stand.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I usually run around 35 lbs. in my rear shocks on my 09 Ultra (when riding solo - I'm 6' and 225 Lbs) and always keep tire pressure spot on. Believe me - I have the EZ-Up and IT DOES reduce lean angle (it's even more pronounced when riding double), and like I said when it drags you're dragging a 'hard' part vs. the floorboard (soft) normally, so you don't want to go too deep. Maybe not enough to bug most people - that's my experience, for what it's worth. As far as the ease of putting the bike on the stand it's great, also makes working on it easier, and the storage room saved (upright vs. leaning on the jiffy stand) is beneficial.

·
Village Idiot
2,300 Posts
I have what is called a "show stand", not sure who makes it, but it is easy to put on the stand or jiffy stand while sitting on the bike. It's great at railroad crossings when you have to wait for a train, just put it on the stand and sit back and relax. When the train is done, put it in gear and drive right off the stand.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1371565002.170637.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1371565011.702293.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1371565021.484350.jpg

Only 2 drawbacks, I can't put an oil cooler on the bike because of where the stand sits and (if you want to call it a drawback) it leaves both wheels on the ground.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Ride Hard
802 Posts
Not an issue at all. The problem with the HD center stand is that it is a pita to put down. No way in heck to do it while sitting on the bike, and even if you are off the bike is a pita to do. There is just not enough leverage to make it easy.

The EZ-UP has a longer lever that makes it easier to find and put down while on the bike. The difference is sooooo ridiculous that it is not even funny. The only reason I have not ditch this stand is because I refuse to make another HD owner go through this....and I just can't throw away 300.00!!! So I bitch and complain and I try to make sure others do not make the same mistake that I made.

At some point I will have to bite the bullet, get rid of this POS and just fork the money again for an EZ-UP.... Friends don't let friends get the HD Center Stand....

Thanks for the photo's and review.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts