Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know where you hung your guardian bell on your XL883L and where you hung your guardian bell on your Ultra Limited. I cannot find a good spot on either bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My xl1200c actually came with a spot for it. It's on the brace between the frame downtubes, a few inches below the voltage regulator. Well, I didn't find another use for that hole so it's got to be :)

·
Wayward Son
23,371 Posts
Was told by an ol Grey Beard always on the right and low. Usually off the right foot peg.

·
Registered
39,826 Posts
My xl1200c actually came with a spot for it. It's on the brace between the frame downtubes, a few inches below the voltage regulator. Well, I didn't find another use for that hole so it's got to be :)
Can't argue with that. :nod

·
avoider of idiots
6,585 Posts
the front axle on my street glide has a nice hole in the end (right side). attached my bell with a split-ring keyring through that hole. thanks for the idea goes to a buddy who rides an ultra!
regards,
dave P090714_1624.jpg

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
Was told by an ol Grey Beard always on the right and low. Usually off the right foot peg.
Wished I knew... Mine hangs high and on the left...on the clutch cable, see photo:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Ultra limited I put mine right behind the front wheel between the frame rails.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,531 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have not received any bells as of yet. But I was told if you have floor boards then hang them from there. I was also told and I don't know if it is true or not but the person that is gifting you any bells should be the first one to ride the bike after installing it. Not far, like 50 feet. Dave

·
Wayward Son
23,371 Posts
I was also told and I don't know if it is true or not but the person that is gifting you any bells should be the first one to ride the bike after installing it. Not far, like 50 feet. Dave
That is a new one on me. No one else rides my bike.
Probably said by someone who does`t have a Harley of their own but has a friend or 2 that do.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts