Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if you guy's look thru or over the top of your windshield? I know that alot of company's say you should look over the top so what do you guy's do??

·
Registered
226 Posts
I look over the top of mine. better when covered with bugs and such. and I always can slink down a little when it rains .

·
Registered
476 Posts
The top edge of mine is right at eye level so I'm going to have to cut it down about an inch and a half.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Over the top.

·
"MacHine"
379 Posts
If I sit up, its over the top. When I slouch, I look through the windshield. Luckily, I am using a freedom shield, so there is no distortion.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Over

·
Registered
600 Posts
Right now the edge of mine is directly in my line of sight. I'm planning on cutting mine down or buying a different one so I can look over.

·
Registered
147 Posts
always thru it - I don't like air hitting my helmet - and I get an eye strain headach if go between screen and no screen. I rented an ultra in vegas last weekend the top of screen was right at line of sight - ended up with headach, neck pain from slouching and back pain from sitting straight up too long - finally took off the screen kept in motel room - riding was mostly slow stuff ok

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
Over - and with the recurve style windshields the wind gets directed up and over your head. If you look thru the shield then bugs become a problem and scrubbing them off a couple times a day while on a road trip will end up scratching the shield leaving you with a distorted view.
FYI - I am only right 95 to 98% of the time. HeHe

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
I look over the top as well... I got a 9 inch long ride shields recurve shield that stops right at the tip of my nose... it is the perfect height for me!

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
I have the 12" on mine and I look over it for normal riding vision distance. I look through it for 50' or closer.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts